AutoSave Disable Broken.
issueid=6742 03-19-2022 03:43 PM
Number of reported issues by cleverscreenname: 1
AutoSave Disable Broken.
ADOM 3.3.3 ASCII on Windows XP

Autosave is a great idea, but since it locks up the game instead of saving in the background, it's a long tedious wait everytime.

I want to disable Autosave, but the 0 disable setting HAS NO EFFECT, it continues autosaving.

Then I tried setting 9999 turns, and it still saves and delays far too often, such as on EVERY stair climb or descend (level 21 character, only 18 levels deep into Caverns of Chaos). Would you make the maximum autosave turns setting 9,999,999 turns (instead of 9,999) please?

I've tried setting 2000, 9999, 10000, 0, with both in-game = key option, AND by directly editing adom.cfg when the game isn't running... yet all settings still cause ADOM to autosave way, way, WAY too often!
I want to spend my free time playing, not constantly staring and waiting!
Issue Details
Issue Number 6742
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows XP
Status Unconfirmed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 3.3.3
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-19-2022 04:01 PM
Ancient Member
You need to adjust the interval with the :S command. Autosave interval can be different for different saves, so the configuration setting is only going to affect new characters.

03-20-2022 05:45 PM
thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! No wonder, it was set to 200!!!

WHERE on earth did you find that command??? I've pressed ? help, K keybinds, Y complete list, and :S isn't in there at all!!

03-20-2022 08:15 PM
Ancient Member
Probably learned it from someone else :-) . For the record, it is in the command list, under the F1-F7 commands for directly setting tactics.

+ Reply