Improve necromancer undead slave list or make undead speciall attacks affect other monsters
issueid=5754 11-21-2017 11:20 PM
Number of reported issues by emilus: 48
Improve necromancer undead slave list or make undead speciall attacks affect other monsters

I have recently revisited necromancer undead slave list and
I've noticed that some undeads are far too weak for their level requirements/mana cost.

We have tier 1 undeads that we can create from level 6 that cost 1 Mana point and i am fine with that.
The problem is when we go further on list:

Mid Tier undeads

Shadow:
- strength draining is usless when attacking other monsters (I suggest to replace it with Shadow Lord so It can at least survive longer)

Corpse Fiend:
- sickness is usless when attacking other monsters (IMHO it should at least slow them a little and reduce slightly HP)
- despite description it will not eat corpses (I suggest to add special command that will make it eat corpse from the floor so that way it could regain some lost hit points)

Mummy:
- sickness attack doesnt work on other monsters so I suggest to replace it with Greater Mummy so It can at least survive longer. (if sickness is impossible to implement on monsters)

Skeletal warrior:
- is ok but blessed bones should give it more hp than regular bones

High Tier undeads:

Ghost:
- aging attack is usless here (I suggest to replace it with Ghost Lord so It can at least survive longer)

Spectre:
- cold resistance and ability to pass through walls will surely make it worthier high tier undead (AFAIK its already implemented - http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=5648)

Shadow Lord:
- Its really too weak
- almost no PV low HP
- usless special abilities
- costs 5 Mana and its available on lvl 45

- I think it shoud be replaced with Revenant and Shadow Lord should be on place of where Regular Shadow is.

Let me know what You guys think.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5754
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 3.0.3
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-24-2017 08:50 PM
Necromancer is one of my favorite classes and I can't really say any undeads it might raise are really 'useless'. Tough giving them some love would be nice.
I suggest just giving some effect on monsters for their special attacks. Not necessary the exact effect they have on the player. For example:
strength draining - reduce monster damage
sickening attack - somewhat like poison and / or slow
toughness draining attack - reduce max HP
aging attack - chance to instant kill living creature

11-24-2017 11:28 PM
I think one undead of every type is fair.

There is really no need for two version of shadows in this list.

Fact is that shadow lord is not so much stronger than regular shadow but it cost like 2.5 times more mana and you can create it in very end of game (45 lvl requirement).

Also 'upgrading' regular mummy to greater and ghost, shadow with 'lord' title on that list is really not that big deal...

IXI: did you ever consider creating corpse fiend or shadow instead of ghul (in fact ghul cost less and is far more effective in combat because working paralization attack. And what corpse fiend and shadow can do better to save their lifes ?)

11-27-2017 11:10 AM
100%. Ghuls are absolute winners with their paralysis. Although with shadows having cold immunity from now they're situationally usrful. I don't think I would raise corpse fiends under any conditions. Well, unless I met a moster immune to paralysis on such a low level I could raise only corpse fiends... But if sickness were slowing down monsters, weaken them and cause them lose HP as if poisoned... I'd rethink it :)

12-11-2017 05:41 AM
I have to admit that I would quite like to be able to raise Vampires at higher levels.

+ Reply