dragon based greater vaults
issueid=4354 07-18-2016 04:20 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Soirana: 41
dragon based greater vaults
only red ones seem to be generated

some people said (http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...er-vaults)that only three types of greater vault (red dragons, undead, giants) exist in the game and my 1.1.1 memories tell otherwise...

Unluckily checking about 30 greater vaults gave - 10-red, 8-giants, 12-undead. (r60)

It would be nice to see other colors in there too.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4354
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 7
Affected Version ADOM r60
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-18-2016 09:04 AM
Ancient Member
Ever since the earliest prereleases, I remember only encountering red variety for dragon vaults.
Only once, over the entire time I've been playing adom (~15 years), I've had a karmic vault.

07-18-2016 10:50 AM
I've also seen two karmic greater vaults, too. In probably ~500 games of 1.0.0. So can't really tell yet whether they exist in the current versions. :)

But yeah, it would be cool to have more different kinds of greater vaults, such as:
Golems (clay, stone, snow, iron, steel, diamond, eternium)
Demons (quasits, lesser demons, greater demons, fire/water/air demons, molochs, one balor)
White, blue and black dragons
Unlifes (stone snakes, gargoyles, animated armors, living walls, earth elementals, one greater earth elemental)
Minotaurs (ancients, mazemasters, mazelords, mages, a king)
Jellies (all kinds, also death & stone oozes)
Chaos creatures (chaos servants, greaters, corruptors, annihilators, chaos warriors/wizards/warlords)

Also I'd love to see a doppelganger vault, but that would probably fit better as a lesser vault. :)

07-18-2016 12:44 PM
Ancient Member
I can confirm that Karmic Vaults did not disappear with 1.2.0., because I encountered one in the ADOMPossible Challenge, which was played in version 1.2.0 pre20. (see this post for a monster detection screenshot).

As far as colored dragon vaults are concerned, I have only ever encountered red ones in greater vaults (both 1.1.1. and 1.2.0.), and other colours only in lesser vaults.

The only change I have noticed between versions was the upgrade of giant vaults, which now include a titan and many fire giant kings.

09-22-2017 02:39 AM
I have been playing the steam release for almost two years now, with hundreds of games and many, many greater vaults explored. I have never seen a Karmic vault to date, while I have seen every other variation quite a bit. I firmly believe there is some kind of issue related to Karmic vaults spawning and that this is worth investigating, as I'd love to be able to experience this type of vault!

+ Reply