[RFE]Allow actions on rings if gloves uncursed
issueid=4409 08-19-2016 08:09 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by JellySlayer: 114
[RFE]Allow actions on rings if gloves uncursed

If you're wearing gloves, you are unable to remove to equip/remove rings. I think it should be the case that as long as the gloves are blessed/uncursed, the PC will automatically remove the gloves and change rings instantly.

This is how it works with most other items like weapons (gloves can't be removed while weapon is cursed), girdles (armor can't be removed with cursed girdle), etc.

I'm guessing this behaviour is as it is because of gauntlets of peace? Maybe a special exception to them could apply, not sure.

As it is, this is just a hassle.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4409
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-20-2016 08:10 AM
Why not implement this, and make autocursing gloves autocurse themselves again when operating with rings? Same would apply to autocursing weapons... :)

08-20-2016 06:18 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
Why not implement this, and make autocursing gloves autocurse themselves again when operating with rings? Same would apply to autocursing weapons... :)
Wouldn't that stop you from swapping two rings at once? In general, I think it's bad to add some sort of gotcha to an automatic interface convenience feature.

08-20-2016 08:08 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Grond
Wouldn't that stop you from swapping two rings at once? In general, I think it's bad to add some sort of gotcha to an automatic interface convenience feature.
Good point, but it could be circumvented by the gloves autocursing themselves when you're exiting the inventory screen.

08-22-2016 03:42 AM
Ancient Member
Having current behaviour is fine for gauntlets of peace, IMHO, but other gloves don't need it.

08-22-2016 06:59 PM
It's easy to tell when it's safe / possible / impossible to re-equip gloves and weapon. If either of these cursed - current message is fine. Autocursing or unidentified - might lead to a curse therefore a promt "You will need to unequip your gloves (and weapon) in order to wear (take off) a ring. Are you sure? [y/N]" could do the job. AFAIK checks required to build this prompt are already implemented, need only to apply them. No much clarification needed either - new players will learn on their mistakes. Finally if gloves and weapon are safe and identified no prompt is needed.

Why not?

+ Reply