Cursed Uncursed Cloak of the Beggar
issueid=1006 05-07-2012 11:15 PM
Number of reported issues by lancewrd: 8
Cursed Uncursed Cloak of the Beggar
Permanently cursed item resuming curse upon removal attempt, failure to remove

Duke, L6 Common Orc Fighter, L4 of the Haunted Maw of Sorcery (aka the Village Dungeon)

You read the scroll labelled "ACME". The cursed woolen cloak of the beggar (Ch-4, Ap-4) [-2,+0] glows in a white light!
<pressed 'i' to enter inventory, pressed 'e' to remove cloak>
The uncursed woolen cloak of the beggar (Ch-4, Ap-4) [-2,+0] glows in a black light! You fail to remove a cursed woolen cloak of the beggar (Ch-4, Ap-4) [-2,+0] because it seems to be stuck!

Is this an error! Or am I permanently stuck with this item? I supposed I could read another scroll of uncursing so it wouldn't be cursing my character, but it's still a horrible piece of equipment... :(
Issue Details
Issue Number 1006
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM II 0.2.6
Fixed Version ADOM II 0.2.7
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-08-2012 11:47 AM
This sounds like the auto-curse kicks in before you have a chance of removing the item after the curse has been lifted the first time. Definitely a bug.

05-15-2012 08:17 AM
Same problem here, with gaunlets of peace as well as with the cloak. Tried multiple reading of scrolls of uncursing and dipping in holy water, but the curse comes back. Quite annoying)

05-17-2012 07:30 PM
The Creator
Fixed for ADOM II 0.2.7. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

+ Reply