Game hangs when spellcasting while bleeding
issueid=3700 04-21-2015 08:08 PM
Number of reported issues by Aabua: 1
Game hangs when spellcasting while bleeding
The game hangs with high CPU usage

Using the steam version on Linux, the game got stuck while I was casting a spell while bleeding. The process continued running with high CPU usage, but nothing visible happens anymore no matter what keys I press. This is in Ascii mode.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3700
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux (Steam)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 2
Affected Version ADOM r57
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-21-2015 08:09 PM
Issue Changed by Aabua
  • Attachment adom_screenshot.png uploaded

04-21-2015 08:09 PM
Issue Changed by Aabua
  • Attachment top_screenshot.png uploaded

04-21-2015 08:18 PM
Nota bene, I don(t know for sure whether the problem is related to spellcasting while bleeding. It's just that this combination was the only unusual aspect of the situation that I was aware of.

04-27-2015 04:45 PM
Administrator
Do you remember which spell you tried to cast? Did the game stop to respond before you could enter a direction?

04-27-2015 05:56 PM
I'm pretty sure that it was a frost bolt. I was able to enter the direction ('4'), and a white "-" was drawn on the screen, as shown on the screenshot that I attached. After that, pressing any keys seemed to have no effect, while cpu usage remained high.

04-27-2015 06:48 PM
Ancient Member
Was unable to reproduce this on Win 8 in both modes. Cast frost bolt at a monster next to a wall while bleeding. Tried it several times - all good.

Very strange.

04-28-2015 11:09 PM
I saw this before in an earlier prerelease, casting Frost Bolt towards a hoard of red dragons. Ascii mode win8. I didn't notice anything exceptional so I'd think bleeding is a red herring, it looks like this is just a rare bug.

EDIT: some other circumstances... Far Sight was on, there were a lot of dragons, and they were moderately far away. Same symptoms with the bolt being partially drawn.

06-16-2015 08:13 PM
I just got this bug again. Again while casting frost bolt to the west. Without bleeding this time.

06-16-2015 08:14 PM
Issue Changed by Aabua
  • Attachment Screenshot.png uploaded

+ Reply