Put *something* at the bottom of random overworld dungeons
issueid=3702 04-26-2015 07:35 PM
Number of reported issues by gr3ybird: 16
Put *something* at the bottom of random overworld dungeons
It seems weird there's nothing there

I like the new random dungeons on the overworld, but in my experience there's never anything special at the bottom of them. Something, even just a guaranteed regular vault would be nice. I'm not asking for artifacts, it's just that right now you might not even realize you had reached the bottom without being spoiled because they're so empty.

I mean, all the old dungeons have something at the bottom, right?

EDIT: Also, I realize maybe there is something or elaborate or plot related planned for them in the future. But just for the time being, couldn't we have a little something to tide us over?
Issue Details
Issue Number 3702
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM r58
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Votes for this feature 9
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-27-2015 02:51 PM
Ancient Member
My suggestion is a guaranteed random special level feature. Except rivers.

Every one of those dungeons has either an altar, a vault, a bee hive, an ant hole, a shop, a vault, etc, on their bottom.

It wouldn't stop them from having those features in other levels, but the bottom one should be guaranteed.

04-27-2015 06:20 PM
Ancient Member
Wow, a beehive on R2:12. I'm so excited.
Or a bunch of ants digging up the level, such a thrilling prospect.

The above, gentlemen, simply will not do.
It has to be something more interesting, more universally useful, like a bunch of weapons and armor with random prefixes and suffixes.
A guaranteed vault also sounds good, it covers several areas - items, exp, weapon marks, possibly a random artifact.
It's not unheard of to get perion or scorched spear in PC:6 vault, why not hope for something similar in another guaranteed vault?

04-27-2015 07:24 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous

The above, gentlemen, simply will not do.
It has to be something more interesting, more universally useful, like a bunch of weapons and armor with random prefixes and suffixes.
A guaranteed vault also sounds good, it covers several areas - items, exp, weapon marks, possibly a random artifact.
It's not unheard of to get perion or scorched spear in PC:6 vault, why not hope for something similar in another guaranteed vault?
There could be the CHANCE of something great on the bottom. Like a 5% chance of a surge of power among those special level features. I'm not in favor of simply guaranteeing something good at the end. Grinding players will do the dungeons based on the slightest chance of something good at the end, and more efficient players shouldn't be bothered by random dungeons. So having them be too attractive might harm those players IMPoV.

There could also be something special in the same concept. The last levels are guaranteed to generate 3-6 special level features at once for example. This could make those levels quite unique and imagine having 5 "you sense a blood chilling threat" on the level and then " you feel a surge of power..." .

But I think that sometimes the dungeon should be indeed, pretty bland. Just like PC and UD sometimes are.

BUT on the other hand...

Having some miniboss fights would be nice. Like 2-4 blood chilling threats and a vault.

05-07-2015 03:23 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
herbs/shop/altar/vault.

Fills a *something* role without being too useless.

05-23-2015 11:00 AM
How about a guaranteed random boss monsters spawning in that bottom :
http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Boss_monster

05-23-2015 11:07 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Fizanko
How about a guaranteed random boss monsters spawning in that bottom :
http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Boss_monster
The problem is that the vast majority of boss monsters are such pushovers that there might as well be nothing there at all if that is all we are going to change.

+ Reply