RFE: Tweak summoned/spawned monsters not dropping anything and being unpickpocketable
issueid=2085 04-03-2013 10:41 PM
Number of reported issues by Bieks: 47
RFE: Tweak summoned/spawned monsters not dropping anything and being unpickpocketable

I'm currently clearing a greater vault of undead on D:45. There's lich kings and emperor liches. They summoned great karmic wyrms. Not exactly the kind of monster you can easily kill. Once I did dispose of them, I was somewhat disappointed to see that they dropped nothing whatsoever. They're still very much a threat, hit very hard and are very annoying to work around/kill. I feel as if the anti-farming nerfs were overstated greatly. In the end, if people want to abuse something they will do it.

I feel as if the anti-pickpocket nerf was too strong as well. The main problem for me is that there's no real way of actually knowing a monster is summoned. Finding out after 25 pickpocketing attempts that the monster you're trying to pickpocket is probably summoned is not a very pleasant experience. Dark elves are even beyond annoying now. Why do these monsters retain their full abilities when they are summoned but refuse to drop gear?

Also, I would like to see pickpocketing slightly buffed up again. Having to apply it 25 times per monster at skill level 50 is a bit jarring, how on earth are you supposed to even get it up then? Pay yergius a (not so) small fortune for it?

Perhaps make it so that monsters summoned by common summoners (jackalweres, dark elven spider factories etc) are hard to pickpocket and not really drop anything, but monsters (at least stronger ones) summoned by lich kings or balors should drop stuff and be pickpocketable. I have to put my PC in considerable risk to even get close enough to attempt pickpocketing, let alone succeed.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2085
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 2
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 13
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 18
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-22-2014 07:11 AM
Issue Changed by adom-admin