Make tactic modifiers class-dependant
issueid=4217 01-07-2016 01:58 PM
Number of reported issues by ixi: 51
Make tactic modifiers class-dependant
Buff for melee-oriented classes, nerf for non-melee fighters

Currently both fighter and wizard are getting the same bonuses from tactics. That means that a wizard is able to control his offensive/defensive capabilities as good as fighter does. Suggesting to balance this equality to give melee classes advantage in melee combat over classes non-specialized in melee combat.

1. Buff tactic modifiers much for Fighter specifically to give this class at least anything special. I used to think this class is designed to be specifically melee warrior.
  2. Buff tactic modifiers a bit for Monk, Weaponsmith, Barbarian, Beastfighter, Duelist, Chaos Knight. For them melee combat is primary.
  3. Leave tactic modifiers as is for Bard, Paladin, Ranger, Thief, Assassin. These classes are meant to fight in melee but has other own ways of dealing with the world.
  4. Nerf tactic modifiers a bit for Archer, Merchant, Farmer, Mindcrafter. Melee is secondary for them, that aren't meant to fight very well.
  5. Nerf tactic modifiers much for Wizard, Priest, Healer, Druid, Necromancer, Elementalist. They just aren't designed to fight in melee.

So for example while fighter would be able to get berserking +16 to hit, +6 to damage and -15 DV wizard would get +4 to hit, +1 to damage, -6 to DV under the same conditions (star sign, tactics skill, DV/to-hit/to-damage under F4 setting. Currently both gaining under these conditions +8 to hit, +3 to damage and -10 DV.

I'd make tactic usage by non-melee fighters less proficient so in general they would lose more than gain while melee fighters could have their penalties lowered.

Besides giving an advantage for melee classes in melee combat it might give some use to [F2 - F4] and [F6] tactics for fighters since currently usually difference between these settings not that large.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4217
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version ADOM r65 (v2.1.0)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 7
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-07-2016 06:31 PM
I think double marks for casters accomplishes the distinction for caster classes well enough. Merchants, Farmers and Mindcrafters really aren't in need of a combat nerf, even if it is in flavor. Besides, the hero of a fantasy adventure can ALWAYS learn to be good in a fight, even if they have humble beginnings!

Maybe reduced marks for Fighters instead would be a nice touch, but I think this suggestion is a bit overly complicated, both in terms of implementation and in terms of intuitiveness the players. It also doesn't add any fun as I see it.

+ Reply