Too many low danger level monsters generated
issueid=4118 11-29-2015 06:15 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Stingray1: 97
Too many low danger level monsters generated

There are too many low danger monsters generated in high danger areas.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4118
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM r63 (v2.0.2)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-29-2015 09:25 AM
Ancient Member
I disagree. I think after the previous tweaks to monster generation, the current balance feels just right. Some previous versions where practically every monster in the late-game dungeons was an ancient dragon, titan, moloch, etc. were just ridiculous, and the game got repetitive. Now you find plenty of high-level monsters but with a healthy mix of variety and I think it's just fine.

11-29-2015 11:26 PM
Ancient Member
I recall making a similar RFE quite a while ago and it was similarly rejected.
I still think there's a *bit* too much low level monsters generated in high DL areas.
Not saying there shouldn't be any, just less than now.

11-30-2015 03:36 AM
I wouldn't mind tweaking the monster distribution again a little, pushing it a little more towards high-DL monsters. We've had some releases where it was too much, but that doesn't mean we're at the perfect balance now.

11-30-2015 05:25 AM
Ancient Member
I think the distribution is fine at the moment. Unless a large number of high level monsters get added to the game, skewing the distribution will make it that you just see a lot of the same monsters over and over and over again. There's one version--pre18 or so maybe?--where things were skewed quite extreme in this direction... on one level, every other monster would be fire giant; the next, every other monster would be a berserker emperor.

[edit]Not a bug, anyway.

11-30-2015 09:54 AM
Ancient Member
Offtopic:
Good to see you back, Stingray.

+ Reply