Tone down chances of monsters panicking
issueid=6052 02-23-2018 04:43 PM
Number of reported issues by Harkila: 154
Tone down chances of monsters panicking

Clearing a greater fire vault in 3.1.0. No slaying weapons so the ancient dragons take many hits to kill. Out of 11 ancient red dragons fought, I killed 2 in a stand-up fight. 9 panicked. Many several times, as they came back, then quickly panicked again. A similar ratio was noted in red dragons and elementals. This is grossly exaggerated. And in the case of elementals even illogical - why whould unlifes panic or have feelings?

Please, tone down the panicking. Both frequency and in the case of strong high-level monsters, also the wound percentage when it starts to happen. They were at around 50-60 % health mostly when the first panicking occurred.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6052
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 3.1.1
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-23-2018 07:37 PM
Ancient Member
I was going to suggest that the missing panics get restored first. Unless enemies fail to detect your presence when reaching low health they seem to always get blind rages.

02-23-2018 07:46 PM
That's no longer the case in 3.1.0, now they indeed run away.

03-01-2018 04:36 PM
The Creator
Did you use cold magic to clear the vault?

03-01-2018 04:40 PM
The Creator
If you do have a save file that allows testing such a situation I'd welcome it.

03-01-2018 07:06 PM
Unfortunately, no save file available. :( I'll make sure to make one if I manage to reproduce it.
I cleared it all in melee.

03-01-2018 08:52 PM
The Creator
A save file would be very helpful because - if it was melee - you should see the same ratio with all fights, not just in a greater vault. Were you corrupted with an unholy aura?

03-01-2018 08:55 PM
No, no such corruptions. And sorry for being unclear on that - this was by no means limited to the vault. It was throughout the game, but given that a vault had a decent sample of powerful monsters (and right at that time it annoyed the heck out of me) I mentioned it. :)

03-05-2018 07:40 PM
Savefile attached. I even have Wyrmlance available and you can note that panicking is cripplingly common.

03-15-2018 01:18 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
That's no longer the case in 3.1.0, now they indeed run away.
I'm still not seeing it. I only see panics if the enemy reaches low health whilst not having detected me. Wonder if it's my R/C combo that's making me have a certain experience. Kranach still always rages as well.

03-16-2018 07:36 PM
I personally have seen a lot of panicking and monsters running away since the recent changes... just my anecdotal experience.

+ Reply