Small = hard to hit and hard to avoid
issueid=928 04-11-2012 09:36 AM
Number of reported issues by Moeba: 27
Small = hard to hit and hard to avoid

I got this idea by reading Sam's post:
http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.c...21592569474901

So the idea is, being big should give a flat DV and to-hit penalty, whereas being small would give a flat DV and to-hit bonus. I choose not to propose it as a dexterity penalty/bonus, because if you're big you need to be more dextrous to get the same chance to avoid/hit, imo. Also that would have the nasty side-effect of earlier dropping below 1 Dext with a big PC.

This would greatly ease the early game of small PC's, which is pretty difficult right now. It is also not really imbalanced, since big creatures can wield big armors and big weapons, with more PV and damage. Later in the game, it would have little influence because it's just a flat bonus; this is nice, assuming that small creatures can also get high PV and damage later in the game.
As to the to-hit bonus for small creatures: ever tried to dodge a wasps' sting IRL? I hope not, because you probably failed ;)

Finally, this feature could be balanced - if needed - by giving a speed bonus to big creatures and a speed penalty to smaller ones: after all, big legs will make you run faster, and with big arms you don't have to punch so far which allows you to punch again earlier. I do not agree with the idea 'big = slow', only with the 'big = slow to react' one which can be expressed by this proposed feature.
Issue Details
Issue Number 928
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM II 0.2.4
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

+ Reply