Add config option to automatically create a memorial file for slain chars
issueid=3882 09-12-2015 03:53 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
Add config option to automatically create a memorial file for slain chars

As topic. I'd like to have a record of all my deaths. Also as an extra would be neat if you could browse and open up particular chars in your highscore and view their memorial if one exists.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3882
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version ADOM r61
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-20-2015 08:01 PM
Ancient Member
Pondered making this a new RFE, but i'll just elaborate in this one: rather than opening up and finding the memorial as a text dump, I think it should be perusable in the same way as the menu you get after you die (messages before death, etc). Means a lot more than just seeing a name, score and death method in the highscore.

11-20-2015 08:20 PM
Administrator
Well, there is a reason why the highscore file is so large. ;)

We already record the memorial in the highscore for some time now. And we always store it, even if the user doesn't create the file. The only thing missing is an option to display it (and maybe save it to a file as well).

10-21-2016 02:51 PM
Ancient Member
Hope this becomes a thing one day. I struggle to remember the history of a character I've just played, nevermind one from the past. Opening up a particular 'gravestone' and seeing what he was carrying, his achievements, last message before death etc. would help me to go 'oh, yeah, I remember that character'.

+ Reply