companions follow you between levels when not adjascent, with delay
issueid=3949 10-23-2015 11:29 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
companions follow you between levels when not adjascent, with delay

The implementation I have in mind works in conjunction with Ixi's pass some turns off level idea.

Here is how I would do it:
Upon leaving a level that contains a companion, instantly run the level you just left with the logic acting as if you're standing on the stairs, until the companion(s) die or end up next to the stairs.

Based off of how many turns that took to happen, after those turns elapse on the current level it then either places the companion on level (if in LOS, print a message similar to how companions show up in wilderness) or (maybe) print a message sensing loss if they perished.

I think this would make companions less of a headache with hitting 5 to make them catch up, or even when ones faster than you bounce one square away from you.

*EDIT I realise there's a flaw in this in that it elapses turns even if you haven't taken turns off level. I bet you could actually rewind the game though if it were coded in the right way, to overcome that.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3949
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM r61
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-23-2015 03:46 PM
Cool, I thought even better then my actual suggestion :). However I realised that thing about running turns that hasn't been actually passed too :).

10-23-2015 04:03 PM
Ancient Member
You're new here? Nothing ever gets passed. Devs are apparently squashing every bug before adding new features.

10-23-2015 04:53 PM
Ancient Member
I'd want it that this only applies to pets that are actively following you. There's many circumstances where you might want to intentionally leave a pet behind.

No need to have this actually run turns on the level above. Just have it work out how many turns it would take to get the pet from its location to the stairs, then have it appear on the next level that many turns later. If it can't find a route (there's a river, say), then just stay where it is.

Could maybe apply to monsters too...

10-23-2015 05:32 PM
Quote Originally Posted by auricbond
You're new here? Nothing ever gets passed. Devs are apparently squashing every bug before adding new features.
Sorry can't catch you. :) I was about "passed turns". As for the devs - sometimes I feel like they just don't exist... Or gone somewhere forever.

+ Reply