ADOM fails to launch, slows Win7
issueid=2998 05-22-2014 07:16 PM
Number of reported issues by BenMathiesen: 99
ADOM fails to launch, slows Win7

OK, this bug is kond of wierd.

I've played a few games of p23 now. In my latest game, the PC had entered the pyramid and was ready to climb to level 2. Then I saved the game and quit.

The next time I tried to launch ADOM, nothing happened but Win7 slowed down enormously. It took a few seconds to launch task manager, where I saw adom.exe using about 10k of memory and 25% of CPU but not doing anything, even after several minutes. When I stopped the process, Win7 returned to normal. This now happens every time I try to launch ADOM, even after shutting down my computer.

I don't know if there's any information in my installation that can help you reproduce this-- let me know if you want any of the files. I don't think it's the savegame since I never even saw ADOM open a window.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2998
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-22-2014 08:18 PM
Administrator
This could be related to the highscore file... can you please upload it. And maybe the config-adom.noe file, if it exists.

05-22-2014 09:33 PM
See attached. Thanks!

05-22-2014 09:41 PM
Administrator
Sorry, I can't reproduce the problem. Even if I use all your files, ADOM starts up fine and is fast and responsive.

Can you try to start with a clean "adom_dat" directory on your system (just rename it so you have a backup) and check if the startup is faster/works again?

05-23-2014 05:11 AM
I renamed adom_dat and tried to launch ADOM again. I saw the same behavior. Interestingly, ADOM did regenerate the folder.

05-23-2014 04:02 PM
Could it be anti-virus related? I had to add exemption for adom since it wouldn't otherwise even launch.

07-06-2014 04:33 PM
The Creator
Sorry, we fail to reproduce this.

+ Reply