make natural souces of pv unpenetrable
issueid=3924 10-10-2015 11:05 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blank4u47: 29
make natural souces of pv unpenetrable

one of my pet peeves is getting my armor penetrated. i understand its necessary to even the playing field in the late game, but i find it odd that you receive full damage when it occurs even with a toughness of 50 and tough skin talents. i feel it would make much more sense that when a monster punches through your armor there should be a last line of defense; your body.

what im proposing is to separate the sources of pv for game mechanics purposes in much the same way it is done with dv so that for instance a fighters pv bonus from his class power counts as natural pv in addition to tough skin talents and pv bonus from toughness. so even with a penetrating hit you wont lose 100hp for instance, just 75.

i feel that this would do a few things, 1. it would make fighters class powers relevant in that you would receive 15% invincible pv instead of just more of the same. 2. it would stop some cases of instant death ( "the doppelganger king punches through your armor and critical hits you" yes this happened to me a long while back) 3. it wouldnt be too overpowered, because its very difficult to improve your natural pv.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3924
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM r61
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

+ Reply