blind rage triggered by damage
issueid=3657 03-11-2015 07:47 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
blind rage triggered by damage

My overleveled undead quickling king vampire went into a blind rage in the ice palace due to being dropped to half health and then turned on the only target available--me.

I don't think environmental damage should ever trigger this state. Maybe a case could be made for a being that is really confused and delerious, or mentally warped and chaotic, but it seems like a stretch to me.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3657
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 3
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-20-2016 08:59 PM
Ancient Member
Also poison damage. Lost my dark elf priestess that I got from a statue to bee poison. That is, she raged and attacked because of her taking poison damage.

Wonder if this is related to panicking monsters almost never occurring anymore. I think some panic states are converted into rages instead. Kranach used to panic almost every battle, I've killed him countless times over the last week and not seen it happen once.

07-06-2017 09:04 PM
Ancient Member
I changed the title to just 'blind rage triggered by damage' (formerly said 'environmental damage'). Or maybe the problem is that the rage doesn't seek an appropriate target.

Had another bit of no-fun when a stone giant lord fought Leggot the shopkeeper, leggot finished him off but then started bleeding, berserked due to his bleeding and went after me.

07-16-2017 08:51 PM
I've encountered the same with a companion attacking an acid vortex, going to critical and turned on me. Issue 4366.

+ Reply