Typo collection
issueid=716 02-01-2012 09:25 PM
Administrator
Number of reported issues by jt: 159
Typo collection

From bug list:

The following typos were fixed:

Polemarms - It says 'Affinity for polemarms' in the initial selection screen for talents.

Sacrificing an animated tree - *MORTAL, I AM NOT BUILDING A BLOODY GARDEN UP HERE! NO MORE TREES! }*

Adequataly - It says 'and adequataly connected to the flow of mana' in the monster memory for a displacer beast.

To you - The game asks: 'What type of scroll to you wish to create?'

With missing - A weather report: 'The sky is filled blazing stars.'

Is fills - Another weather report: 'This moon-lit night is fills with oppressive heat.'

On/in - When entering the Old Barbarian's clearing, the message that appears is 'You immediately feel at peace on this beautiful clearing.'

Skeletal king (monster memory) - Both instances of "It's" should be "Its,". Also, the fifth sentence seems as if it should begin "Skeletal kings" instead of "Skeletal Kings,".

Greater white unicorn - Missing 'to' in its speech: 'Once I will be able all corruption that has been inflicted upon you.'

Absolutly - It says 'You feel absolutly mad!' after eating a greater claw bug corpse.

Two weapon - One message is: 'Weight of the two weapon'.

Water orb - The message when putting the orb is 'Suddenly the humidity dispenses and everything is normal once more.' - it should be 'disperses'.

Tamborine - It should be Tambourine(s).

'The the djinni is gone.' - There is a 'the' too much in the message displayed when a djinni disappears.

Homunculus (monster memory) - It says: 'They are able to make you fall asleep by touch you.' It should be '[...] asleep by touching [...]'.
Issue Details
Issue Number 716
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Unknown
Status In Progress
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-02-2012 08:57 PM
Ancient Member
If a female character achieves an OCG or UCG ending, the final log file says "She was a Chaos Goddes."
Under certain circumstances, the "(after saving his/her world)" or "(after winning)" after the character's death reason shows up twice. I've seen this in some Hall of Fame logs and once in a more closer character death :)
In the log for UCG endings, it says "Bathed in the radiance of Law and Goodness He/She enters your home plane and challenges you to a battle." The he/she is capitalized. This may be intentional?
"Something unsuccesfully tries to zip out of the hive!"
"Suddenly a storm seems to disturb the trees. With gnarly cries they advance on somthing, obviously prepared to tear it into tiny bits!"
"An energy bolt strikes down on the greater moloch! The greater moloch shruggs it off and laughs with malicious glee!"
"You are mildlly annoyed by the destruction of -foo-."
Attempting to kick yourself: "You wouldn't want do that, would you?" "To" is missing.
In the question system: "will you... accidently knock the pedestal over, hoping to get at least a lucky glance at something interesting?", "Your master believes that you are still too young to be succesful as a warrior and wants you to wait for a couple of years before you resume your combat training."
"The marble statue is labelled with a plaque."
"Accidently you set off a trap!"
"You are not knowledgable enough to examine the -foo-."
"-god1- and -god2- seem to be quarreling for supremacy! -god2- triumphes!"
"A cool breeze starts complementing the night making yxou shudder."

02-03-2012 09:08 PM
Administrator
All fixed except:

- A lone hydra, Game asks whether you want to evade [...] them. (needs code changes)
- Howl/growl, it says: 'The silver wolf howls: "Grrrr!"'
- Under certain circumstances, the "(after saving his/her world)" or "(after winning)" after the character's death reason shows up twice. I've seen this in some Hall of Fame logs and once in a more closer character death :)
- In the log for UCG endings, it says "Bathed in the radiance of Law and Goodness He/She enters your home plane and challenges you to a battle." The he/she is capitalized. This may be intentional?

02-04-2012 09:10 AM
Ancient Member
Greater white unicorn - Missing 'to' in its speech: 'Once I will be able all corruption that has been inflicted upon you.'
Note that it's not only the "to" that's missing ;-)

It should probably be "Once I will be able to remove all corruption that has been inflicted upon you."

02-06-2012 09:24 PM
Ancient Member
Here's another bunch of typos or other text errors. Some of them are from RFEs or Usenet, so credits go to those who found those :)

In the kill list and monster memory, "chaos spawn" is pluralized as "chaos spawns", while spawn is both singular and plural.
"You decided to become a Elementalist." (an Elementalist)
Eating a zombie corpse: "You feel suddenly very bad. You feel suddenly very bad." - Should only be displayed once and perhaps be "You suddenly feel very bad."
Turning undead: "The -foo- cowls in terror!" (cowers)
Reading a scroll of dark predictions: "You know that x% of your soul belong to the forces of Chaos". (belongs)
"The air still is filled with unusual heat" (is still)
"The sun slowly sinks beneath the horizont still scorching the surface even with its diminishing rays", "The sun slowly sinks beneath the horizont heating the air even with its last rays", "The sun slowly sinks beneath the horizont after a beautiful and sunny day" (horizon)
"The first rays of the slowly rising stars" (sun)
"The dark figure advances threatengly and booms:" (threateningly)
"5 uncursed scrolls of literacy checks" (scrolls of literacy check)
"I warp and wither with drouth" (drougth)
"Where a bleak black mountainstands I have looted grisly caves" (mountain stands)
"I have looted the hideen hells amd plundered the lost black moons" (hidden hells and)
"Gorko Galgenstrick, a dwarven king of some reknown." (renown)
"A powerful artifact 'tis, which will help in yer darkest moments. But their is a price." (there)
"The -dragon- rips the -item- in a fit of anger apart!" (rips the -item- apart in a fit of anger)
"To your very surprise your dark magics don't effect him/her and you are killed in a long battle." (your surprise, affect)
"-name-, the -race- -class-, transformed him/herself into an ash heap with a wand of fire!." (extra !)
"-name-, the -race- -class-, electrocuted him/herself with a wand of lightning!." (extra !)
CoC description: "A forbidding tunnel leading into the depths of the world." (forboding)
Large gnoll description: "This large gnoll is a towering above his brothers" (is towering)
Using Greater Identify on an ashen weapon says: "It does cause any damage against undead." (doesn't)
Using Greater Identify on a wicked weapon says: "Its wicked design causes very serious wounds (+3 to the damage dice being used, already figured in)." (die)
Using Greater Identify on a nasty weapon says: "Its nasty design causes more serious wounds (+1 to the damage dice being used, already figured in)." (die)
Using Greater Identify on a weapon of slaughtering says: "Its damage die has been increased by +1 and it causes two extra dice of damage when hitting an opponent." Actually, it's the other way - the damage die is increased by 2, and it causes 1 extra die of damage. (1d8 spear becomes 2d10)
Wishing for Filk after he's killed: "Weshallavengeourbelovedchampionofsondandmusicandwillgetyou!" (sound)
Manual says that book-casting a spell "costs quintuple the amount of power points usually required" but it costs triple.
An unidentified eternium ring mail is described as a "scale mail [196s]".

Edit: removed the stuff that was transferred to other reports to avoid clutter.

02-07-2012 10:55 PM
Administrator
Additionally fixed:

- In the kill list and monster memory, "chaos spawn" is pluralized as "chaos spawns", while spawn is both singular and plural.
- "You decided to become a Elementalist." (an Elementalist)
- Eating a zombie corpse: "You feel suddenly very bad. You feel suddenly very bad." - Should only be displayed once and perhaps be "You suddenly feel very bad." (all "feel suddenly" -> "suddenly feel")
- Turning undead: "The -foo- cowls in terror!" (cowers)
- Reading a scroll of dark predictions: "You know that x% of your soul belong to the forces of Chaos". (belongs)
- "The air still is filled with unusual heat" (is still)
- "The sun slowly sinks beneath the horizont still scorching the surface even with its diminishing rays", "The sun slowly sinks beneath the horizont heating the air even with its last rays", "The sun slowly sinks beneath the horizontafter a beautiful and sunny day" (horizon)
- "The first rays of the slowly rising stars" (sun)
- The dark figure advances threatengly and booms:" (threateningly)
- "5 uncursed scrolls of literacy checks" (scrolls of literacy check)
- "I warp and wither with drouth" (drougth)
- "Where a bleak black mountainstands I have looted grisly caves" (mountain stands)
- "I have looted the hideen hells amd plundered the lost black moons" (hidden hells and)
- "Gorko Galgenstrick, a dwarven king of some reknown." (renown)
- "A powerful artifact 'tis, which will help in yer darkest moments. But their is a price." (there)
- "The -dragon- rips the -item- in a fit of anger apart!" (rips the -item- apart in a fit of anger)
- "To your very surprise your dark magics don't effect him/her and you are killed in a long battle." (your surprise, affect)
- CoC description: "A forbidding tunnel leading into the depths of the world." (forboding),
"It must be a truly forboding place that you have to find."
- Large gnoll description: "This large gnoll is a towering above his brothers" (is towering)
- An unidentified eternium ring mail is described as a "scale mail [196s]".
- Wishing for Filk after he's killed: "Weshallavengeourbelovedchampionofsondandmusicandwillgetyou!" (sound)
- A lone hydra, Game asks whether you want to evade [...] them. (needs code changes)
- Howl/growl, it says: 'The silver wolf howls: "Grrrr!"'

Update:
- Manual says that book-casting a spell "costs quintuple the amount of power points usually required" but it costs triple.
- Using Greater Identify on an ashen weapon says: "It does cause any damage against undead." (doesn't)
- Using Greater Identify on a wicked weapon says: "Its wicked design causes very serious wounds (+3 to the damage dice being used, already figured in)." (die)
- Using Greater Identify on a nasty weapon says: "Its nasty design causes more serious wounds (+1 to the damage dice being used, already figured in)." (die)
- Using Greater Identify on a weapon of slaughtering says: "Its damage die has been increased by +1 and it causes two extra dice of damage when hitting an opponent." Actually, it's the other way - the damage die is increased by 2, and it causes 1 extra die of damage. (1d8 spear becomes 2d10)

02-14-2012 07:16 PM
Ancient Member
Here's another batch of typos :)

Typos
"He constantly mumbling "Why me? Oh why me?"" (He is constantly)
"and all complexions -raw, cooked," (complexions - raw)
"They are known to attract a following of undead servants and followers, mimicing their former lives" (mimicking)
"He has seen his best days as they gray hairs are not" (the)
"A great fencer who knows all the tricks and maneuvres." (maneuvers)
"An armed an armored soldier, the swordsman stands" (and armored)
"They rely more on their breathe and bite" (breath)
"Tears in the wings and deep a scar are a testament" (a deep scar)
dwarven inn keeper, "Despite those marks his occupation as an inn keeper" (innkeeper)
"A powerful magician who came back from the dead an undead horror of sorcerous might." (as an undead)
"He's searching for the people who stole his sheeps" (sheep)
"in spite of the two heads, and have occassionally been known to fight with themselves" (occasionally)
"It yelps occasionaly in nervous anger" (occasionally)
"You think so? How d'you like it if i give you a good solid kick in - ouch!" (if I give you)
"you insists on us sleepin' on the right side so i end up the lower one" (so I end up)
"the antennae are covered in a paralysing poison fit not only to anesthesize near-dead prey" (anesthetize)
"It vaguely resembles a preying mantis" (praying)
"and the glinting black eyes the size of whalnuts." (walnuts)
"She stands a bit taller, with a slightly more defined physique complimented by a not-so-sickly green complexion." (complemented)
"A terryifying humanoid hybrid, it looks like" (terrifying)
"Its looks so furry and cute you just wanna pet it" (It)
"Ugh! You feel as if your getting fleas just looking at it!" (you're)
"Its leathery wrinkled skin compliments the dirty long claws" (complements)
"Small suspecting eyes look at you out of a dirty face between a huge felt hat" (pelt)
"are known to use a breath-like attack as well an their powerful jaws" (as)
"pure evil glints in its eye." (eyes)
"Made of pieces of meat (you hope that those aren't pieces of corpses)" (flesh)
"which perhaps accounts for the the distracted look you see in his eyes." (the)
"He/she is a full-body achilles heel." (Achilles' heel)
The monster memory description for the doppleganger has some typos, the right text should be: "Exhibit A is a well-groomed adventurer; nothing unusual, they come here by the dozen. Now please turn your attention to exhibit B which appears to be the exact same adventurer, but if you look carefully, you'll notice... wait a moment, lemme think... hmm... OK, have a careful look at exhibit A and... damn it, I must have forgotten which is which! And I thought my doppleganger stamping technique finally let you tell the difference. Well, back to the drawing board."
Eating any kind of seeds: "Unfulfilling." (Unfilling)
"Hello sssstranger! What dossssssstt though wissssssssh?" (thou)
"gravely injured by wolves and barely concious." (conscious)
"Soon after starting your apprenticeship you come to realise" (realize)
"Find it and kill the evil sorceror.", "Recently we have been plagued by the attacks of an evil sorceror." (sorcerer)
"Ok, to be honest" (OK)
"the pillarts of Order appear" (pillars)
"Will there by a new hero" (there be)
"Anora Tnod't, Troll Paladine" (Paladin)
"He was unexepctedly engulfed by" (unexpectedly)
"I would dishoner my gods if I were to heal you again." (dishonor)
"on the heads of criminals. Bring'em in!" (Bring 'em)
"Originaally it wuz built for all da alignmens" (Originally, alignments)
"They say that it is not wise to leave ones cause after being crowned to be a champion." (one's)
"stone portal of dwarvish craftmanship." (craftsmanship)
"-name-, the -race- -class-, died of pneunomia." (pneumonia)
"You kick the walls of the pit your are currently residing in." (you're)

Nouns in descriptions that should be changed to lowercase
A very large and very repulsive Hobgoblin
To a Kobold, the concept of
Because of their size, Giant spiders are almost
Royal Guardians are polite until
This dirty and foul smelling little dog-faced Kobold stands
Goblin Berserkers hardly ever survive their first battle

Instances of the contraction "it's" that should be changed to the possessive "its"
It's face is void of expression (also: void -> devoid)
It's clothes are tattered
It's eyes glow red
it's origin cannot be traced
results of it's mutation
the clicking of it's nails
From it's basic struture (also: struture -> structure)
It's thin scales glow red
It's mandibles drip
it's eyes are deep pits
to activate it's magical power

Monster memory descriptions that are contradictory
"This mighty construct has been crafted from bright, burnished titanium" -- Eternium golem
"This man is the disruptor of peace, the fighter of justice, the lord of crimes" -- Crime lord / should be "fighter against justice"
"He's developed impressive muscles in her job." -- Ogre king

Gaining class powers on level up
"Your carrying capacity now is tripled and you learn to create items." (how to create items)
"one-time bonus of +8 to your Toughness." (other messages do not capitalize the names of attributes)
"You know have automatic access to major healing spells." (now)
"You know gain 2d3 additional hit points per level." (now)

In the manual and game UI
"I can live very well with that and this it will happen." (this is what will happen)
"And for comparison: ADOM 1.0.0 grew t 146561 lines of code" (grew to)
"to fiddle around with savefil compatibility" (savefile)
"ancient editions of D&D. The cure would take effect" (curse)
"It's generally hard to change alignment, +5 to initial willpower." (Willpower)
"result in reduced bonusses if your character" (bonuses)
"while suffering through a number of prereleases (in no paticular" (particular)
"Collected Knowledge, Experience, Camaradery." (Camaraderie)

Greater Identify
Using Greater Identify on +Doom weapons and missiles: "Wearing it makes you doomed." (Wielding; make a separate case for armor and weapons/missiles)
Using Greater Identify on charged armor: "This armor seems to charge up from tiem to time and then releases its deadly charge into your body." (time)
Using Greater Identify on armor of power: "It increases your magical powers by 20% (already figured in)." (should be "It increases your magical powers (+20% power points, already figured in).")
Using Greater Identify on armor of life: "It increases your inherent spark of life (+20% hits, already figured in)." (should be "It increases your inherent spark of life (+20% hit points, already figured in).")
Using Greater Identify on armor of resilience: "It makes you more resilient to damage (+6 to Toughness, already figured in)." It actually gives +4 to Toughness.
Using Greater Identify on an unidentified item: "The -item unidentified appearance- is really an uncursed -item identified appearance-." (actually)

Miscellany
There are many instances where double spaces are unnecessarily used (e.g. "A towering demon of chaos. You very instantly know...").
There are many instances where spaces are inconsistently added before and/or after dashes (--).
There are many instances where the American and British English spellings are used interchangeably (gray/grey, Sceptre of Chaos vs. Scepter of Chaos, color/colour, etc.)
There are many instances of "You now are/can..." when the player gains class powers that should be "You are/can now..."

02-15-2012 06:05 PM
Ancient Member

02-15-2012 06:23 PM
Ancient Member
Lighting an everburning torch while blind: "The uncursed everburning torch [+1, +0] lights itself.", "The uncursed everburning torch [+1, +0] is already giving light." A blind PC has no way of knowing that.
Torches give off heat in addition to light.

Being killed by a ghost will result in the "was aged to death by a -ghost-" death message even if I was only killed in melee, not aged.
Most undead have unique messages when they kill the PC in melee (eg. turned into a vampire). Dying of old age generates a different message, regardless of the source of aging.

02-15-2012 06:35 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
Torches give off heat in addition to light.
Then the message should be edited for blind PCs.

Most undead have unique messages when they kill the PC in melee (eg. turned into a vampire). Dying of old age generates a different message, regardless of the source of aging.
Fair point, but I felt ghosts' special attacks shouldn't be referred to when the death cause was a simple melee hit.

Didn't the "was transformed into a vampire" death message appear only when they drained Toughness and the corresponding HP reduction took you below 1? And that makes me remember a very old death where one of my (male) ID-diving PCs was "transformed into a female vampire".

02-15-2012 07:17 PM
Administrator
Thanks for all the bug messages, but we should try to keep things separate. This makes it easier for me to check which problems are already fixed.
Therefore I've created additional bugs for the problems that are still in the TODO list:

- Truncated texts in the talents screen: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=741
- Truncated messages when items are unequipped: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=742
- Illogical messages: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=743

Additionally fixed (not listed above):

"is hit by the the acidic glob" (the)
"has been the source of great craftmanship" (craftsmanship)
"Originaally it wuz built for all da alignmens" (Originally, alignments) This is intentional, I've asked Thomas
There are many instances of "You now are/can..." when the player gains class powers that should be "You are/can now..."

02-15-2012 07:47 PM
Ancient Member
Thank you! I'll post further non-typos in their respective reports.

02-22-2012 09:44 PM
Ancient Member
Typos
Using the 'l'ook or \Cl commands to check a square you're adjacent to, with a single item on it: "A -foo- (weight: XXs) is lying here." - It should only say "here" if you look at the square you're standing on, and "there" for others.
In the personal equipment screen, "Missile weapon" should be "Missile Weapon".
"Many bees erupt and start to attack you like mad!." (Extra dot at the end)
Yergius: "Me thinks that ye need some more practice before ye can become a honorable member of our famous thieves guild" (an honorable...)
An angry deity: "MORTAL, YE DAREST TO SWITCH THEE ALIGNMENT AFTER *I* HAVE CROWNED YE TO BE MY CHAMPION?!?" (THY)
When a doppleganger is given clothes: "No thanks, I already have one." (some)
Greater Identify: "The -foo- is a uncursed item." (...an uncursed item.)

Monster memory descriptions
Lightning lizard: "The air crackles expectedly" (expectantly)
Caveman: "!YEURGURRRGRRR!!!!!" (extra ! at the beginning)
Hobgoblin leader : "Endowed with a presence not possesed", "Possesing several scars on various parts" (possessed, possessing)
Cave bear: "Being fairly beligerent, it will attack" (belligerent)
Cyclops: "A smaller cousin of giants, the cyclop still stands" (cyclops)
Lesser daemon: "they seek to fulfil some goal", "to fulfil their quest to please" (fulfill)
Annis hag: "by warnings that the black hag Annis may at any moment" (black annis hag)
Dorn beast: "the battle cry of the deadly dornbeast" (dorn beast)
Battle bunny, mutated battle bunny: "It smiles cutily at you" (cutely)
Cat lord: "the essence and memory of all the cats everywhere, everytime" (anytime)
Large kobold: "Not the kind dog youd want" (kind of dog you'd)
Dark sage: "and a chronical cough from dust and smoking" (chronic)
Dwarven inn keeper: "as if grief-strucken by a misery" (grief-struck)
Fire demon: "burnt by a neversinking sun" (never-sinking)
Chaos wizard: "Misproportioned hands" (Disproportioned)
Greater balor: "as the universe itself wispers" (whispers)
Mimic: "wait patiently in inaccessable locales" (inaccessible)
Shadow wyrm: "Collossal, and yet, tiny" (Colossal)
Titan: "faded over the millenia" (millennia)
Large dog: "dungeons of the drakalor chain" (Drakalor Chain)
Assassin: "Althought relatively weak" (Although)
Mad Minstrel: "enourmous green plume" (enormous)
Goblin berserker: "...stands his ground. Not suprisingly..." (surprisingly)
Quickling lord: "These miniscule fighters" (minuscule)
Ratling dealer: "by mistake --- you might need him!" (extra -)
Ancient blue wyrm: "the course of many millenia" (millennia)
Werewolf king: "you take in it's enourmous size" (its enormous)
Black slayer: "A black Slayer" (slayer)

Talking to peaceful monsters
Balor: *Die, Mortal* (mortal)
Greater mummy: In life King I was but what have I become? (king)
Invisible stalker: Hey! Why did ye notice me? (How)
Jackalwere: Wof! Err.. Hi! (missing period)
Ratling fencer: En Garde! (garde)
Dark elven wizard: Stranger, the priestesses of Lolth demand yer soul. (Lol'th)
Dark elven priestess: Stranger, Lolth demands yer soul. (Lol'th)
Large rust monster: *RST!* *RST!* *RST!* *RST! (missing * at the end)

Excessive exclamation marks
Ogre lord: Me mighty ruler! You bow or die!!
Ghul: Flesh! I want fresh flesh! YOUR fresh flesh!!!
Banshee: Oooohhh! The paaaaiiiiiiinnn!!
Chaos viper: sSsSsSsSsSsS!!!
You shatter the stone with your mighty kick!!!
"Take this accursed thing with ye... I don't want it here!!!"
"Stop that at once!!!"
"C'mon, die already, I want yer crown!!!"
-foo- roars: "No mercy for ye scoundrel!!!"
-foo- roars: "No mercy for thieves!!!"
"Stop bull fighting and protect animals!!!"

02-23-2012 10:12 AM
Ancient Member
Well, a person's sanity is inversely proportional to the amount of exclamation marks they use. I'd consider it a feature.

02-23-2012 05:57 PM
Ancient Member
I can agree on that it's a moot point, but I feel at least one of those should be changed to a single mark - "You shatter the stone with your mighty kick!!!". This is a message the game displays to the player (Monks kicking walls with their undocumented power, I think) and it looks somewhat unprofessional to use excessive exclamations.

02-23-2012 07:04 PM
Administrator
I'll ask Thomas about the exclamation marks, for now I'll leave them unchanged (except the "mighty kick!!!" one).

Still open:

Greater Identify
Using Greater Identify on +Doom weapons and missiles: "Wearing it makes you doomed." (Wielding; make a separate case for armor and weapons/missiles)

Miscellany
There are many instances where double spaces are unnecessarily used (e.g. "A towering demon of chaos. You very instantly know...").
There are many instances where spaces are inconsistently added before and/or after dashes (--).
There are many instances where the American and British English spellings are used interchangeably (gray/grey, Sceptre of Chaos vs. Scepter of Chaos, color/colour, etc.) JT: I've already fixed the "grey" and "colour" ones.

Excessive exclamation marks
Ogre lord: Me mighty ruler! You bow or die!!
Ghul: Flesh! I want fresh flesh! YOUR fresh flesh!!!
Banshee: Oooohhh! The paaaaiiiiiiinnn!!
Chaos viper: sSsSsSsSsSsS!!!
You shatter the stone with your mighty kick!!!
"Take this accursed thing with ye... I don't want it here!!!"
"Stop that at once!!!"
"C'mon, die already, I want yer crown!!!"
-foo- roars: "No mercy for ye scoundrel!!!"
-foo- roars: "No mercy for thieves!!!"
"Stop bull fighting and protect animals!!!"

02-27-2012 07:39 PM
Ancient Member
"You never liked the -foo-, anyways." (anyway; "anyways" is nonstandard)
"You feel suddenly more attuned to the astral planes.", "You feel suddenly less attuned to the astral planes." (You suddenly feel)
"They say that you should try to investigate the potential uses of beewax.", "The bee wax in your ears melts due to the great heat!" (beeswax) Similarly, the item "lump of bee wax" should be renamed to "lump of beeswax".
"They say that the radiance of chaos will corrupt you the faster the deeper you descend." (corrupt you faster the deeper)
"They say that converting an altar is difficult without losing ones faith.", "They say that blessed items improve ones eyesight." (one's)
"They say that those, who manage to empty a pool, will receive a wish." (Excessive commas)
The male invisible stalker's description uses two periods instead of three in ellipses.
The "Your choice [A-Z!*+]:" at the bottom of the extended drop screen should be "Your choice [A-Z!*$%+]:". Also: "Drop all... O) instrument" (instruments)
"Bathed in the radiance of Law and Goodness She enters your home plane and challenges you to a battle. (...) In the last seconds of your life, facing the might of the hero of light..." (heroine, if it's a she)
"...look at the hydra corpse, and all it's eyes are staring you." (its)
"gilted tome" (gilded)
"The -foo- suddenly transforms into something else! Due to your surprise it slip from your hands." (slips)

JT: I've already fixed the "grey" and "colour" ones.
Nice. I'm scanning all the strings in the executable to find specific further UK spellings (e.g. armour) which should also be fixed.

02-28-2012 06:35 PM
Ancient Member
"Kranach, the raider is roaming the country side." (countryside)
"The greater moloch simply shruggs it off!" (shrugs)
They read: "Griff Bloodax, mighty dwarven warrior, is buried here.". (Extra period)
The lawful dwarven god is called Morodwyn, but Thrundarr calls him Moradin when asked about "dwarf".

Monster memory
Hill giant chieftain: "in front of you ... no, it's a" (Extra space before ellipsis)
Harpy: "Such birds cannot possibly speak ..." (Extra space before ellipsis)
Greater titan: "Needless to say, the benefits of the position leave only the most powerful in position" (repeated word, change to "it")
Lich king: "This lich is so successful at drawing the life forces from others to feed its powers holding death at bay even though its own life has fled that it commands power over some other undead." (Add some commas: "This lich is so successful at drawing the life forces from others to feed its powers, holding death at bay even though its own life has fled, that it commands power over some other undead.")
Ogre lord: "and make the winner King" (king)
Large orc: "except elves and dwarfs" (dwarves)
Holy slayer: "Have you been naughty...or nice?" (Missing space after ellipsis)
Cat lord: "and it is he who" (him)
Ancient dwarf: "with his Deity." (deity)
Priest: "upkeep of the dwarven Temple." (temple)
Raider lord: "He only attacks people smaller and less experienced than he." (him)
Corruptor: "...hunted looks on the faces of the others." (I feel this should be "haunted looks in the faces of others.")
Werewolf king: "It seems half-man, half-wolf...It's paws" (half-wolf... Its)
Quickling bard: "Vanillaisthefinestoftheflavors" he sings "OneworldOneFuturedonttakedrugskidsgiveemtomeIwasntbuilttogetup.NiquetamereMachdieAugenzuundkues s mich..." His excited voice makes your teeth stand on edge..." (Missing period after "he signs", and extra space before "mich")
Emperor lich: "The most powerful of the lichs" (liches)
Lich king: "feed a following of lichs and other undead" (liches)
"The maximum number of hitpoints noticed was 123.", "The minimum number of hitpoints noticed was 123.", "-foo-s seem to have 123 hitpoints on the average.", "-foo-s seem to have 123-456 hitpoints (345 on the average)." (hit points)
"He surely has displacer-beast blood in his veins." (displacer beast)

02-29-2012 06:49 PM
Ancient Member
Typos
"He/she is crowned to be the king of all dark Elves and lives a long and prosperous life..." (elves)
"You just have completed your current quest." (You have just)
"Already half of it has burned." (Half of it has burned already.)
"The faery asks you :" (Extra space before the colon)
"keep the amulet to your self" (yourself)
"while sweeping your masters study" (master's)
Chatting with Andy: "...undefeated in so many millenia?!?" (millennia)
Pickpocketing a phasing monster: "You don't seem to be able to get hold off the -foo-." (of)

Monster memory
Gargoyle: "against the wardens of Stone." (stone)
Fire giant: "Fire giants are usually 18 feet (...) Fire giants tend to have a temper" (repeated words, change to "They")
Hobgoblin leader: "still seems a though it should fall apart" (as)
Hobgoblin leader: "fits a bit better than most of his tribe" (tribe's)
Kobold shaman: "A magic using kobold?" (magic-using)

Greater Identify
Armor of rage: "Even true berserkers can wear it due to the raging spirit that inhibits it." (inhabits)
Poisoned weapons: "It poisons monsters on succesful hits." (successful)
Weapons of slaying: "All of its hits are critical hits." (second "hits" is redundant)
Murderous weapons: "It is twice as likely to cause critical hits on a hit." ("on a hit" is redundant)

Missing/repeated words
"You fail to identify anything anything because of the webs you are stuck in!" (Repeated word)
"You age... Suddenly you can see(in death your blindness seems to be cured)" (Missing space)
"Wuz a prince before an' is looking for a fair maiden willing to kiss him" (Missing period at the end)
"Do you want to throw the uncursed Chaos Orb of Elemental Water {Wi+10} into shimmering pool? [y/N]" (missing "the")

03-01-2012 07:15 PM
Ancient Member
"Eventually he/she becomes king/queen and settle the many differences among your people" (settles, his or her)
"Eventually he/she becomes king/queen and rule your subjects with an iron fist for a long and peaceful time" (rules his/her)
"He/she got the trader's guild to owe him/her money." (traders)
"To your own surprise you have to realize" (To your surprise you realize)
"and this time a hero is prepared to challenge you. Bathed in the radiance of Law and Goodness She enters your home plane" (heroine, if it's a she)
"whether you just didn't lose something very valuable" (whether you haven't just lost)
Throwing a potion of willpower (maybe others) at a monster: "The -foo- looks soften/harden." (softer/harder)
"-name, the -race- -class-, froze him/herself with a cone of cold!." (extra !)
"he ran off down a tunnel...'twas right 'bout the chaos critters tho." (missing space after ellipsis)
Giving the sheriff two or more wanted corpses: "There's a bounty of X gold pieces on their head!" (heads)

03-06-2012 09:44 PM
Administrator
all occurence of "forces of chaos" (Chaos)

+ Reply