Items not positioned correctly in personalized game creation
issueid=5353 10-17-2017 10:12 AM
Number of reported issues by Taederias: 6
Items not positioned correctly in personalized game creation
Some buttons in the game customizaton screen are off of their intended positions

Some buttons in the game personalizaton screen (New game/Personalized mode menu) are off of their intended positions. To be more specific, the lower half of the settings (corruption/hunger etc.) are displaced from where the background suggests they should be. Since the background recktangles are a little off from those in the upper half, this may actually be the background image being displaced.

Additionally, the text block containing the highscore modifier is displayed behind these buttons, in a weird position. This could be because the background boxes being displayed lower (and to the right) of what's intended forces the highscore percentage display out of its place, perhaps?

Screenshot attached. I have not experienced this issue with any other menus as far as I could see. The version I use is the current Steam Beta (that is, 2.3.5), on Windows 10. This may or may not have to do with my screen being 16:10.

EDIT: Somehow I didn't notice that the lower portion of the entire menu frame is somehow duplicated and shifted. This definitely suggests there's something wrong on the background layer.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5353
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 2.3.6
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-30-2017 03:36 PM
I'm going to bump this, since while it's not as bad as before, the positioning of certain elements is still a bit off (see new picture) in the official Steam release (2.3.6). (Additional note: it's the same in both Personalized and Exploration mode, but since the two use the character creation system, that's hardly a surprise. :) )

10-30-2017 03:38 PM
Administrator
Yes, this is caused by the images (some of them have a border, some of them don't). It looks ok at 1x scale.

10-30-2017 03:47 PM
Ancient Member
My bad, export image bug. Added on top of my TODO.

12-15-2017 01:49 AM
This appears to be fixed now, as far as I can tell. So unless someone says otherwise, this can be closed.

+ Reply