Make mindcrafter's powers a bit more powerful
issueid=3585 01-27-2015 09:19 PM
Number of reported issues by Elv: 8
Make mindcrafter's powers a bit more powerful
...because they are (almost) useless

I don't mean to make mindcrafter stronger. I mean to make mindcrafter's powers stronger.

This class is very interesting as an idea, but mindcrafter is just warrior. Many creatures are immune on mindcraft. Moreover (above all!), mindcraft has very poor, hm, resolvers(?). I play a couple times as mindcrafter, once won. At first I try use mindcraft but i quickly stopped - it was pointless. I think that would be enough to increase resolvers.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3585
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM r55
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-21-2015 12:34 AM
This is very true; instead of using their powers a lot Mindcrafters get through much of the game by playing basic good ADOM - lots of missile weapons, melee where sensible, lots of wands and potions and scrolls... given mindcraft is unique to their class, I'd like it to be more relevant to their gameplay.

02-22-2015 10:55 AM
It definitely needs some improvement. Main problem is that in a big, decisive fight players definitely don't want to use its class powers, due to vastly inferior damage, corruption and psychic damage backlash, as well as tendency of everyone to just resist the whole thing.

As first step, I think that successfully using Mindraft on a monster should train Willpower, similar to the way casting spells trains Mana.
As for backlash, I think they need some kind of expendable item that will absorb the damage/corruption instead of the character (and be destroyed in the process), i.e. crystal of power.

02-22-2015 12:59 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by SinsI
It definitely needs some improvement. Main problem is that in a big, decisive fight players definitely don't want to use its class powers.
While I in general agree with idea in decisive parts player should run mind shield:). Greater telekinetic blast [or whatver improved form of physical blast is called] is good too, just comes too late.

+ Reply