Setting a Name in adom.cfg disables saving the game
issueid=2495 11-23-2013 01:11 PM
Number of reported issues by zasvid: 3
Setting a Name in adom.cfg disables saving the game
When playing an adom.cfg named character, saving takes me back to the game with no save generated

So, there's an option in adom.cfg to set the name of the character. When I use it and try to save the game, I get the normal post-save screen (a farewell message in upper left corner, "[Press SPACE to continue]" in lower right corner) and when I press space, I'm back in the game. Every time. Savefile doesn't get generated. It seems the only way to get out of the game is to either win without saving or quit (I haven't tried winning ;) ).

I've done a bit of experimenting to pinpoint the problem (changed ADOM versions, delete .adom.data a few times, fresh installs etc.) with a lot of revision of the adom.cfg file and everything is working fine until I add
Code:
Name          = X
When I do, I just cannot successfully save. I've tried different names, different placements of this line in adom.cfg file, different tabulation so it doesn't seem like a problem with the config file parsing... and the name shows up on my character.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2495
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 18
Fixed Version ADOM r48
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

06-30-2014 05:52 AM
Issue Changed by adom-admin