Improve Companion / Slave / Pet AI
issueid=4412 08-22-2016 02:43 PM
Number of reported issues by emilus: 48
Improve Companion / Slave / Pet AI

The most annoying things about companion/slaves and tamed monsters is that:

- they cast bolt spells or throw items when PC or another tamed monster is on the line of fire with high possibility to injure them (or even kill).

- they need to be constantly reminded what they should attack or what they should do.

I suggest to add condition to check if PC or another tamed monster is on Line of fire before firing missiles/spells to avoid ankward situations.

I suggest to add some kind of tactic/trigger aggression command so our companion / pet will be more usefull.

for example:

Very aggressive - pet will automatically attack anyone hostile / neutral to PC.
Aggressive - pet will automatically attack only hostile monsters
Defensive - pet will automatically attack only if monster will hit / try to hit our PC (like now)
Issue Details
Issue Number 4412
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-22-2016 07:43 PM
Agree with a note: aggression command has to be applied to intelligent companions only - not animals or insects. But it does fit humans and maybe other intelligent creatures like dragons well. Make sense for all the slaves which you must be controlling at will though.

Hope the time will come when companions are ompletely reworked and turned into awesome feature.

08-26-2016 09:45 AM
I'd wish they also inherit the PCs speed, or if not at least have some kind of 'recall' command which makes it teleport next to you.

08-26-2016 11:22 PM
Voted for it. Not sure how and what is the best way to do it, but any improvement over what we have right now would be great. The issue I see with your suggestion is that I think that there is a charisma roll everytime you issue a command.

+ Reply