Chaos Vortices
issueid=4604 11-10-2016 01:04 AM
Number of reported issues by Tree Of Life: 9
Chaos Vortices
Purple 'V'

I was thinking in some kind of dangerous foe specific for deeper levels of CoC, what do you think? perhaps may have very high speed?

Also one last think, not for asking too much, but if someone likes the idea, could you post a description for the monster, please?
Issue Details
Issue Number 4604
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 5
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-10-2016 02:59 AM
Maybe changing speed as well, so it could be super high and decently low to be more unpredictable and dangerous.

11-10-2016 04:52 AM
Downvoting, since you don't even have a suggested monster in your RFE.

There's tons of dangerous foes, so not really understanding your point in this.

11-10-2016 05:28 AM
Ancient Member
The monster is the Chaos Vortex. Presumably it explodes in a corruption blast.

11-10-2016 10:03 AM
Ancient Member
Perhaps it could be very fast (like 175-250) but act erratically so it would never run straight at you, but instead only spend every other turn pursuing you. It should of course be a high DL and give 1-2 corruptions.

11-11-2016 07:09 AM
Il find some interesting in a very slow monster(30speed~) with low DL drifting and detonating/fade away like vortex,similar to corruption traps,but a bit higher.(x2~) ;\

11-14-2016 03:10 PM
Make speed scale with DL. About 50 at low levels and up to, say, 300 at high. Like the idea about chaotic movement on high speed. To keep it challenging at high levels corruption could also scale up with DL. Also it could summon corrupting creatures upon exploding (but not fading) at high DLs which could make it even more challenging.

Upvoted.

11-15-2016 09:53 AM
Ancient Member
I'd say it should explode with a random effect - could be fire/acid/ice/lightning. That's what chaos is like, unpredictable, erratic.
Having a corruption vortex explode in your face right after descending and giving you instantly 1-2 corruptions is not fun.
That's a rare case I admit but I'd still feel like it's a bit of a punishment simply for daring to descend.

11-15-2016 11:23 AM

11-15-2016 07:45 PM
Ancient Member
Ahh, how long we have come from that old bug tracker filled to the brim with spam. Truly Internet is a wonderful thing.

11-16-2016 01:21 AM
Personally, I like the idea of a corruption stream explotion and psjb1's suggestion about speed-shifting. But that's just my opinion.

I'm also positively surprised this was already discussed by TB and community in general. :)

+ Reply