[RFE] This may be vanity, but I'll ask anyways.
issueid=3375 10-30-2014 08:06 AM
Number of reported issues by theseus12: 32
[RFE] This may be vanity, but I'll ask anyways.
Concerning the Credits, and Prerelease Testers

I noticed the Credits section of the manual and decided to give myself a sort of history lesson in seeing all the people who have helped contribute to ADOM over the years. That's when I saw it, or rather, didn't see it.

There was no section in the credits dedicated to the Prerelease testers.

This may simply be my vanity talking (I am one of those with prerelease access), but I feel that at least some credit or recognition is due to this group of testers for the support (Bug reports, multiple RFEs) that we have given. If not a detailed list of names as found in the credits section of the manual, then maybe a note of some sort in the credits in the main menu.

But yeah, that's essentially my entire Request for Enhancement. Incredibly minor, in terms of how it affects the game, so it will be marked as such on this.

Also, side note: I do not intend any disrespect to ADOM, Thomas Biskup or anyone at Team ADOM from this RFE. Nor am I demanding that you throw everything aside to build a list of names. The issue is so small (and the name list probably so big) that it being backburnered and worked on only in your (Read: Thomas and Team ADOM's spare time) spare time is not only understandable, but I kinda expect it. You have much bigger things to deal with, like the RPG save Thomas mentioned in his blog post. I merely thought I would point this out, and ask if it would get done. If several versions pass before it does get implemented, hey, so be it. Done rambling now.

Final note: I put Adom 52 as the suggested implementation version, but I'm really putting it as a "When it can be done" version. No rush.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3375
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r52
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-30-2014 09:24 PM
Ancient Member
I'm pretty sure this is already planned or possibly already in in some instances -- I know I was asked a couple of years ago for my name so that it could be put in the credits, for some of my bug reports / RFE.

10-30-2014 09:49 PM
It's already there. Or, at least, my name is in the credits. You just have to look at the manual credits rather than the main one, which I agree should be fixed.

10-31-2014 01:08 AM
I did look in the main credits. I just figured the section wasn't there because my name wasn't in there. oops, I guess.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. My name is in there, under Various minor tidbits for other ideas

11-01-2014 12:08 PM
The Creator
Usually I try to put names into different sections:
- I list people for RFEs.
- I list people for bug reports.
- Sometimes I list people for things that IMHO were very special.

Once the memorial site for donators is up I'll also list all the people with their names or pseudonyms in the credits section. If you reported a bug and are missing from that section, please mail me. The same for RFEs. At some point after the crowd funding campaign I got too lazy to specifically ask everyone to send in their real names for these sections as we were fixing so many issues. Thus I'm probably responsible for these rather incomplete lists. I'm sorry for that. If anyone feels (s)he is missing please mail me with linkes to your issues/RFEs and your real names and I'll happily add you as you all deserve that!

+ Reply