Double Standard
issueid=2244 07-21-2013 08:23 PM
Number of reported issues by KyoShinda: 9
Double Standard
Stone Statues and Animated Forest

--I barely got through the animated forest, found a room full of statues that started shooting fire at me and hoped that if I went back into the animated forest I could be able to lose them in the trees, but I didn't think about the Fire vs. Tree thing. When they started shooting flames around and killing the trees I then assumed 'since I used burning hands on them last time and got swarmed, these statues should get swarmed', but to no avail.

Shouldn't mobs fight back against other mobs if they are getting attacked, especially if they are animated trees getting lashed with fire?

Since the trees don't attack the statues, this could be exploited as a farming strategy (in the rare event such a flame-throwing mob is found and dragged there, similar to the banshee method that was fixed).

Issue Details
Issue Number 2244
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 14
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-22-2013 12:13 AM
Ancient Member
We are talking about ADOM here. All the monsters are secretly in league with each other, plotting your downfall. Just think about the mismatched throng of creatures in cavernous levels, all ignoring each other to murder one specific intruder. They might also be assuming that you're in cahoots with the flame-wielding abominations - after all, you brought them there - and decided to take you out along with them. Trees are mindless; they can't apply a single standard, let alone a double one.

I actually vote that fire magic, including firebreathing monsters, should turn the entire forest hostile against all intruders, period.

07-22-2013 01:00 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Silfir
I actually vote that fire magic, including firebreathing monsters, should turn the entire forest hostile against all intruders, period.
Yeah, they should should be afraid of fire like a cat is afraid of water and just go in a massive murderous panic. lol

07-22-2013 08:47 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Silfir

I would put my vote on this as well. It would both be a fairly realistic approach to things, as well as a way to help discourage 'fire scumming'. I would, however, limit it to trees in the general area of the fire attack. Say, one square on each side of it, if that could be done. So Burning Hands would upset a number of trees around the two creatures, while a fireball would have a wider range of ticked off foliage, and a fire bolt or fire breath would have a line of trees shoving through to come after you.

+ Reply