Typo collection
issueid=716 02-01-2012 09:25 PM
Administrator
Number of reported issues by jt: 159
Typo collection

From bug list:

The following typos were fixed:

Polemarms - It says 'Affinity for polemarms' in the initial selection screen for talents.

Sacrificing an animated tree - *MORTAL, I AM NOT BUILDING A BLOODY GARDEN UP HERE! NO MORE TREES! }*

Adequataly - It says 'and adequataly connected to the flow of mana' in the monster memory for a displacer beast.

To you - The game asks: 'What type of scroll to you wish to create?'

With missing - A weather report: 'The sky is filled blazing stars.'

Is fills - Another weather report: 'This moon-lit night is fills with oppressive heat.'

On/in - When entering the Old Barbarian's clearing, the message that appears is 'You immediately feel at peace on this beautiful clearing.'

Skeletal king (monster memory) - Both instances of "It's" should be "Its,". Also, the fifth sentence seems as if it should begin "Skeletal kings" instead of "Skeletal Kings,".

Greater white unicorn - Missing 'to' in its speech: 'Once I will be able all corruption that has been inflicted upon you.'

Absolutly - It says 'You feel absolutly mad!' after eating a greater claw bug corpse.

Two weapon - One message is: 'Weight of the two weapon'.

Water orb - The message when putting the orb is 'Suddenly the humidity dispenses and everything is normal once more.' - it should be 'disperses'.

Tamborine - It should be Tambourine(s).

'The the djinni is gone.' - There is a 'the' too much in the message displayed when a djinni disappears.

Homunculus (monster memory) - It says: 'They are able to make you fall asleep by touch you.' It should be '[...] asleep by touching [...]'.
Issue Details
Issue Number 716
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Unknown
Status In Progress
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-28-2013 01:47 AM
Ancient Member
When you talk to Blup's mom after receiving the RCT, she says:

"Me hopess that ye found yer reward fulfilling.".

The extra period after the quotation marks should be removed.

07-28-2013 02:17 PM
Administrator
Fixed all typos until this point. :)

07-30-2013 10:42 PM
Ancient Member
I think this counts as a typo too:
Greater identifying Crowned spiked helmet of chaos lordship says "It spreads terror. It grants resistance to sleep attacks.". (newline missing after It spreads terror.)

07-31-2013 01:19 AM
Ancient Member
That happens with a bunch of other items too. I thought it might be intentional.

07-31-2013 02:25 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Sami
"It spreads terror. It grants resistance to sleep attacks.". (newline missing after It spreads terror.)
IIRC, a similar thing also happens with artifacts that increase critical hit ratio. e.g.:
"It is very good at scoring critical hits. It grants resistance to confusion attacks."

07-31-2013 10:07 AM
Ancient Member
It doesn't seem to be intentional. Those strings are easily found from the executable and there seems to be just a few that doesn't have byte 0x0A (newline) after them and those are:
When used in melee combat %s grant%s a %+d bonus to hit and cause%s %s%s%s%s points of damage.
It is very good at scoring critical hits in melee.
It spreads terror.

(Also there's extra space after It slowly corrupts you. but it can't be seen anywhere)

07-31-2013 10:12 AM
Ancient Member
Also possible typo/bug in greater identifying of affixed items: Effects of affixes are displayed between melee and missile statistics instead of after them (unlike with all other items I've seen).

For example hefty dagger of thunder:
Code:
When used in melee combat it grants a +0 bonus to hit and causes 1d4+4 points
of damage. It weighs 20% more than other weapons of its type. Due to its
careful design it is harder to hit opponents but hits generally are more lethal
(+20% weight, -1 to hit, +4 to damage, all already figured in).
It might stun your opponents on a hit.
When used as a missile it grants a +0 bonus to hit and causes 1d4 points of
damage.

07-31-2013 05:04 PM
Ancient Member
Spoilers follow (statue text):

"Me messsengerrr already should be ssearching for you to bring you yer reward.". (extra period at the end)
"Guth'alak, what tales you do tell" (Guth'Alak)
"You hear short splat!" (a short)
"You need to be able to hear something to use the stethoscope!" ('something' is redundant)
"ADOM %s does only use %d weapon skills" (only uses)
"web-footed amphibians" (wet-footed)
"tell him he must repent in a prison for the crime" (in prison)
"Your father wants you to help him building" (build)
"There's already a herb bush growing here" (an)

07-31-2013 10:54 PM
Not sure, but I think the two instances of fishes in the Tomb of the High Kings [when looking at the lake or swimming in it] should be fish.

Quote Originally Posted by anon123
"web-footed amphibians" (wet-footed)
Since frogs do have webbed feet, probably not a typo.

08-01-2013 03:02 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by kNightCrawler
Not sure, but I think the two instances of fishes in the Tomb of the High Kings [when looking at the lake or swimming in it] should be fish.
"Fishes" is nonstandard as far as I know. So not technically incorrect, but I think the game should prefer standard spellings. The same goes for shook vs. shaken in "This area is shook by some great force", that message Alucard posted about some time back.

Since frogs do have webbed feet, probably not a typo.
Valid point. :)

08-01-2013 07:02 PM
Ancient Member
Abbreviated burden status messages (these are displayed on status bar if player has too many conditions to fit on a single line) are missing a space in front of them: Burd Strn Str! Obdd Crsh

This may cause for example following status lines:
Blnd Blsd Slwd Sick Psnd Deaf Mute SatdObdd Bleed Brsk
Stun Conf Drnk Blsd Slwd Invs Sick Psnd Deaf Mute SatdStrn Brsk

08-01-2013 07:32 PM
Administrator
@Sami: which version are you playing? This problem was fixed over a year ago (with 1.2.0 Prerelease 1). ;)

08-01-2013 08:07 PM
Ancient Member
Well, my bad... It was 1.1.1 where I have archmage save. Good save to try all kinds of stupid stuff like longest status lines. :D

08-02-2013 12:54 PM
Administrator
Quote Originally Posted by Sami
Also possible typo/bug in greater identifying of affixed items: Effects of affixes are displayed between melee and missile statistics instead of after them (unlike with all other items I've seen).
I'm not quite sure if I understand the problem. Yes, the effects of affixes are displayed between melee and missile, but it looks like this is was always the case. Your suggestion is to move the "missile part" directly after the "melee part"?

08-02-2013 01:23 PM
Administrator
Fixed all typos until this point, except "web-footed".

08-19-2013 10:30 AM
Ancient Member
ADOM specific optionss in 1.2p16 (press F9 for NotEye options).

08-19-2013 05:48 PM
Ancient Member
"Claire, the human chaos Knight" (knight)
This one is still there in prerelease 16.

08-26-2013 09:19 AM
Some typos in the monster memory:

- dire wolf: "they have adapted to the hard life conditions and grew much stronger" ---> "they have adapted to the hard life conditions and have grown much stronger"
- doppelganger: "a pale and indeterminant humanoid form" ---> "a pale and indeterminate humanoid form"
- dorn beast: "sticky secretions that never come over" ---> "sticky secretions that never come off"
- dwarven weaponmaster: "has helped others who wish to become stronger" ---> "has helped others who wished to become stronger"
- female dwarf: "She walks around in a bravado manner" ---> "She walks around with bravado" (bravado is a noun)
- minotaur lord: "convince an unwelcomed visitor" ---> "convince an unwelcome visitor"
- muscular dwarf: "the shoulders and upper body characteristic of dwarves has been magnified" ---> "the shoulders and upper body characteristic of dwarves have been magnified"
- ogre and ogre guardian: "plucking appendages off of smaller creatures" ---> "plucking appendages off smaller creatures"
- old chrone: "like your jibbering mother" ---> "like your gibbering mother"
- female ratling rebel: "the defeated bleed to death" ---> "the defeated bleeds to death" (ignore this one; not a typo, as noted by Kurasu in the comment below)
- shadow centipede: "Bits of the exo-skeleton" ---> "Bits of the exoskeleton"
- stone grue: "Loud gurgling sounds audiate from the moving shadows" AFAIK, audiate doesn't actually exist; maybe it should be originate?
- stone ooze: "a highly paralytic poison" ---> "a highly paralyzing poison"
- werewolf king: "Towering above you at a height of nearly nine feet, you resist the urge to run" ---> "While it towers above you at a height of nearly nine feet, you resist the urge to run" (dangling participle)

US vs. UK English:
- air demon: "a mass of vapours and fumes" ---> "a mass of vapors and fumes"
- ancient red dragon: "leave smouldering footprints" ---> "leave smoldering footprints"
- berserker king: "A jewelled iron circlet" ---> "A jeweled iron circlet"
- black baby dragon: "a strange white vapour" ---> "a strange white vapor"
- black hurtling: "a fabled ring that is rumoured" ---> "a fabled ring that is rumored"
- carrion crawler: "covered in a paralysing poison" ---> "covered in a paralyzing poison"
- caveman: "hope that's an unfounded rumour" ---> "hope that's an unfounded rumor"
- chaos warlord: "Heavily armed and armoured" ---> "Heavily armed and armored"
- cloaked ratling: "to a more lawful neighbourhood" ---> "to a more lawful neighborhood"
- cobra: "characterised by the imposing dark spots" ---> "characterized by the imposing dark spots"
- death ooze: "feared by anyone travelling through the underground" ---> "feared by anyone traveling through the underground"
- demented ratling: "among lawful neighbours" ---> "among lawful neighbors"
- displacer beast: "right into its hypnotising eyes" ---> "right into its hypnotizing eyes"
- emperor moloch: "armour of a jet black substance" ---> "armor of a jet black substance" and "and rumour has it" ---> "and rumor has it"
- gray ooze: "A stinging vapour pervades" ---> "A stinging vapor pervades"
- greater moloch: "A colossus clad in armour" ---> "A colossus clad in armor"
- hill orc sergeant: "with better arms and armour" ---> "with better arms and armor"
- jackal demon: "only in the old centres" ---> "only in the old centers"
- ki-rin: "a grave offence to attack" ---> "a grave offense to attack"
- moloch: "was the armour of an ancient warrior" ---> "was the armor of an ancient warrior"
- orc scorcher: "fast travelling raiders" ---> "fast traveling raiders" and "only light armour" ---> "only light armor"
- pixie and pixie archer: "a sense of weird humour" ---> "a sense of weird humor"
- quickling bard: "shut his bloody gob." ---> "shut his bloody trap."
- ratling fencer: "well-kempt gray-brown fur" ---> "well-kept gray-brown fur"
- raider: "kill unwary travellers" ---> "kill unwary travelers"
- raider lord: "haughty behaviour" ---> "haughty behavior"
- ratling trader: "buy some savoury snacks" ---> "buy some savory snacks"
- steel zombie: "clad in steel armour" ---> "clad in steel armor"
- vapor rat: "absorbing the vapours" ---> "absorbing the vapors"
- wererat: "shows in the behaviour" ---> "shows in the behavior"

08-26-2013 11:56 AM
- female ratling rebel: "the defeated bleed to death" ---> "the defeated bleeds to death"
Actually, 'The defeated' in this case is plural, rather than singular. Which makes 'bleed to death' correct.

08-26-2013 02:15 PM
Ancient Member
If you filter your inventory so that the weight of all displayed items is 1s (e.g. press 'i' then '=' while you own a single ring), the text at the top says "Total weight: 1 stones" (stone).

+ Reply