Remove level requirement for the Filk quest or lower it
issueid=3438 11-30-2014 04:40 PM
Number of reported issues by DJ_Melancholy: 1
Remove level requirement for the Filk quest or lower it
The level requirement seems to be artificial and makes the achieving of an ultra ending on a troll unreasonably hard

Dear development team (especially the revered Creator)

Why does the level requirement for the Filk quest exist? It seems to be somewhat artificial. Any character attempting the quest already has to already be sufficiently equipped to deal with both Filk and the Emperor Moloch.

This is hardly an issue for other races besides trolls. I'm currently playing a troll healer, going for an ultra ending. I'm level 35, and I have done almost everything else there is to be done in the game (save for clearing the bug temple and receiving the weird tome and clearing D:50). After some quick math, I'd need 271616098 exp to reach level 45, which translates to rougly 15k ancient blue dragons or 1.6k greater molochs. I have currently slain about 15k monsters altogether. I can't say that I wasn't warned, but anyone can see that this would require some very intense grinding, which is hardly worth the time invested. Could the level requirement be lowered for the next version or removed altogether?

I look forward to hearing your ideas and/or suggestions.

edit: This is embarrassing. I completely miscalculated the exp requirements. Math is hard. The real amount is about 10x less.

But I still feel the level requirement is unnecessary.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3438
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 13
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-30-2014 07:08 PM
271 millions? I think you it wrong and you need 27 mln.
Anyway i agree with this RFE.
How about changing requirement from lvl45 to 10 millions of exp? For most of the classes that would around lvl35-40.

11-30-2014 08:54 PM
Ancient Member
I'm in favor of ditching this thing completely in favor of some other thing.

Would be cool if we can replace it with some number of individual monster types you've killed (trying to tie to kill count without the need to grind and without the possibility to game the systems by gremlins or so). Fill kill list with X different lines and earn the respect of the assassins' guild.

11-30-2014 09:02 PM
Or have a questline from the Assassin Prince that makes him accept us.

11-30-2014 10:17 PM
Quote Originally Posted by plllizzz9
Or have a questline from the Assassin Prince that makes him accept us.
Yeah, I think the Assassin Prince (or maybe some of his cohorts) should offer a series of quests, culminating with the Filk quest.

All this and more is discussed in this thread! :)

/shameless plug

+ Reply