Make shopkeepers less oblivious to stealth invisibility
issueid=6084 03-03-2018 01:43 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
Make shopkeepers less oblivious to stealth invisibility

At around 80 stealth it is possible to use a potion of invisibility to steal every single item in Waldenbrook's shop. Since restocks have been fixed, you can rinse and repeat to steal a massive amount of items. Shopkeepers ought to be more alert, so that you actually have to think about which items you want to steal.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6084
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 3.1.2
Implemented Version ADOM 3.1.2
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-03-2018 10:30 AM
The Creator
I have tried to make stealth less powerful in this context.

03-05-2018 09:33 AM
Ancient Member
How does this translate to other shops?
Right now it seems I am able to steal most items from waldy's shop with a single potion of invis but nothing from any other shop in the game.
Shopkeepers instantly see through invisibility, even without the appropriate message of "stares intently at your location".
That in my opinion is too harsh.

EDIT: Also, my experience shows that the whole thing is unaffected by stealth skill - chars with low values or no stealth were able to steal items from waldy with a potion of invisibility.
Chars with maxed stealth were not able to steal any items from any other shops, with or without any source of invis.

03-05-2018 10:50 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
How does this translate to other shops?
Right now it seems I am able to steal most items from waldy's shop with a single potion of invis but nothing from any other shop in the game.
Shopkeepers instantly see through invisibility, even without the appropriate message of "stares intently at your location".
That in my opinion is too harsh.

EDIT: Also, my experience shows that the whole thing is unaffected by stealth skill - chars with low values or no stealth were able to steal items from waldy with a potion of invisibility.
Chars with maxed stealth were not able to steal any items from any other shops, with or without any source of invis.
Depends on Danger Level. Above a certain amount, invisibility no longer works.

+ Reply