Spellbooks Lose Weight Before They Vanish
issueid=2356 09-20-2013 12:58 PM
Number of reported issues by Kurasu: 24
Spellbooks Lose Weight Before They Vanish
Reading a spellbook removes the weight from your inventory until you're finished reading it.

Just what it says in the 'summary'.

Easily reproducable: make your weight limit borderline: picking up one spellbook will move you to Burdened/Strained/Strained!/Overburdened. Read the spellbook. While you are in the process of reading it (i.e. while the message is on the screen), your burden will go down until you have finished. Then your burden goes back up to what it would be with the spellbook.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2356
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 5
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-20-2013 01:54 PM
Ancient Member
Are you carrying the book while reading it? Maybe not, hmm?

What happens when you read a book in water or a scroll under water? Some things to think about.

09-20-2013 04:10 PM
Ancient Member
I've observed this many times. Perhaps as a consequence of it, it's also impossible to uncurse a spellbook of Remove Curse by bookcasting the spell from that same book.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
What happens when you read a book in water or a scroll under water?
Nothing other than what you'd expect. Either books and scrolls become waterproof when 'r'ead, or waterproof blankets are transparent and have arm slots so that you can turn pages around :)

04-22-2014 08:57 PM
The Creator
Fixed (the weight issue). For reading underwater you might want to file an RFE ;-)

06-19-2014 08:38 PM
Ancient Member
Presumably because of this fix spellbook weight is now added 1 extra time while reading. How to reproduce - get enough items to be less than 100 stones before Overburdened! (or any other distinctive status) and read a book - during reading you will overweight to next burden status.

06-22-2014 04:26 PM
Administrator
Yes, the burden status will change, but not because of the spellbook weight being added twice. I think Thomas needs to rethink the way he fixed this bug. ;)

+ Reply