"Your equipment seems to weigh less" - Not important enough to press space for, and other examples
issueid=639 11-16-2011 02:49 PM
Number of reported issues by Lyle: 1
"Your equipment seems to weigh less" - Not important enough to press space for, and other examples
Making JADE slightly more user friendly by removing button pressing!

A couple of very minor adjustments to make JADE a bit more user friendly. Not really suggestions, but not really bugs either - I like to think of them as interface 'tweaks'

1. In ADOM, you would walk along and as your food rots, you get a message "Your equipment seems to weigh less", but you didn't have to stop and press space, you could just keep walking, unlike in JADE. I agree that some messages should pause you (so you notice the problem), like if your health drops to a critical level, or if you start starving, but not food rotting! Suggesting that you don't have to press space after food rots. Maybe 'alerts' could be ranked as high and low priority, with rotting food being low priority.

2. In a similar fashion, getting 'hungry' shouldn't make you have to press space, but 'very hungry'/'starving' is fine.

3. Picking up multiple items: If you press # 'select all', it should automatically close the pickup screen and pick up the items (without you having to press 'z' to do so). Also requesting that a different key be used instead of #, because of the need to press "shift+3" to use "#"? (A lot of the time, I do want to pick up everything.) Maybe x instead?

4. Can we make it so that you can also eat food off of the ground (ewww...) instead of having to pick it up and put it in your inventory first, if you're standing on top of it?
Issue Details
Issue Number 639
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version JADE 0.2.2
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-16-2011 02:50 PM
Issue Changed by Lyle
  • Priority changed from 5 - Medium to 6