Concerning creatures and fire
issueid=3391 11-01-2014 06:48 PM
Number of reported issues by theseus12: 32
Concerning creatures and fire

I was playing ADOM, basically on Easy (Corruption/hunger on, easy monster high loot drops), with a N+ dark elven necromancer (Amulet of order and necromancy helps keep me in neutral alignment, I find. I was trying to stay neutral, so that's not a bug) when I come across the shambling mound. By the description in the monster memory, this is basically a walking shrubbery pile of plant matter. I think it should suffer extra damage from being a plant (admittedly, a living one) that has been set on fire.

Also, Lizard men take extra damage from fire. But I was wondering, could they get boosts to their speed for getting "Heated up" like drakelings do? It's merely opinion, but I believe that would balance their (fairly easily, with the right spell/class) exploitable weakness for fire. Heck, even as a level 1 elementalist, I have no fear of these guys. I think this would balance them out. They get burned and, assuming they survive the extra damage, they get heated by the fire and can move faster.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3391
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM r52
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-02-2014 12:21 PM
The Creator
The speed bonus is a specialty for drakelings. I do not see the need to balance this as there are intentional combinations of abilities that are more or less effective against certain types of creatures. That's intentional. Shambling mounds are modeled after the swamp thing... so fire hurts them but they are not more vulnerable to it than other beings as they also are humid and swampy beings.

+ Reply