Modified willpower affects the success rate of morgia training
issueid=6144 03-24-2018 06:42 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
Modified willpower affects the success rate of morgia training

Eating morgia roots is less likely to increase Willpower if the attribute is increased by items/corruptions or temporarily boosted. For example, eating 4 of the herbs with a base score of 12 and no boosts will almost always result in a Willpower increase, while eating 4 of the herbs with a base score of 12 boosted to 99 will rarely result in a Willpower increase. Given that whether or not the training can work at all only depends on the base score, this seems like incorrect behavior.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6144
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 3.1.2
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-23-2018 12:17 PM
Ancient Member
There seems to be more issues with willpower than this.

Right now i have a visible -1 penalty to Willpower, without a noticeable source (no corruptions, no equipped items etc.). And since i got this penalty, training with morgia also started to not work properly (i'm stuck at 21 WI atm).

04-23-2018 05:38 PM
I've noticed enhancement keeps WI from increasing with morgia.

09-07-2018 04:48 PM
The Creator
I'm not sure I get this once.

Morgia trains toughness and willpower. Toughness a lot more than willpower. And both use the same limits... so if there were a problem with willpower there should be a much larger problem with toughness.

Could this have been fixed in the meantime... or do I misunderstand something...?

09-07-2018 05:18 PM
Ancient Member
The same problem exists with boosted toughness, it's probably just not as noticeable in normal play due to the herbs giving a greater amount of Toughness training. But if you have Toughness boosted to 99 (Willpower unboosted) with the same base Willpower and Toughness scores, you are actually more likely to get a Willpower increase on level up from four morgia roots, despite the raw amount of Toughness training being greater.

+ Reply