Mindcrafter level 12 class power
issueid=3679 03-29-2015 03:30 PM
Number of reported issues by string.demon: 1
Mindcrafter level 12 class power

For whatever reason, the Mindcrafter class has always been a favorite of mine, and yet I have never been able to find much use for the level 12 class power. Once the Mindcrafter attains "Eyes of the Mind" at level 18, he or she will probably never use the level 12 power again, especially considering that "Eyes of the Mind" usually gives you a fairly good idea of how many enemies there are on a given level in addition to revealing their positions. If someone has found a wonderful use for the level 12 power, please enlighten me.

From the manual:

Code:
At level 12 they become able to sense the amount of enemies within a limited area (that is the current level).
Eyes of the Mind (18) - A hypersense which allows the character to sense creatures and beings within a certain range.
A few possibilities to alleviate this redundancy:

1. Differentiate the level 12 class power by somehow automating it, e.g. you are alerted to the number many enemies every time you enter a new level.
2. Combine the two powers, by having the level 12 power reveal the locations of the creatures on the level, or by having Eyes of the Mind reveal the number of enemies.
3. My favorite: Eliminate the level 12 class power altogether and replace it with something else. I absolutely LOVED this idea, although I can imagine that it would be difficult or near impossible to implement. This might involve reordering the class powers - you might not want level 12 Mindcrafters with this kind of powerful ability. (side note: If you DID implement this feature, it could be reused in other contexts - for example, Necromancers controlling their slaves more precisely, NPCs who could make use of these powers, etc.).

There may be better alternatives not imagined by me. So, certainly not a big deal, but has anyone else wondered about this?

PS: Although I'm a new member of this forum, I've been playing ADOM for a long time. To put it in perspective, I remember vividly how excited I was the day 1.0.0 came out. Can't tell you how amazing it is that ADOM is undergoing a renaissance. Also, how cool is it that Chaos Knights, which I pondered about here, actually got implemented! Amazing! They are above and beyond what I had imagined. Thank you, TB.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3679
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

+ Reply