telekinetic blast on statues
issueid=3674 03-25-2015 02:12 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
telekinetic blast on statues

Have something meaningful occur if mindcrafter's telekinetic blast is used against statues (the item variety like those in the claw bug temple). Right now no message is printed.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3674
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-25-2015 03:30 PM
Ancient Member
Good idea, since stone golems, crystal statues and the like are damaged by the TB, statues should be too.

03-29-2015 04:19 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
Good idea, since stone golems, crystal statues and the like are damaged by the TB, statues should be too.
Isn't that kind of weird, though? I don't play mindcrafters so maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, but shouldn't a mind be required to be affected by *mind*craft?

03-29-2015 08:38 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by gr3ybird
Isn't that kind of weird, though? I don't play mindcrafters so maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, but shouldn't a mind be required to be affected by *mind*craft?
Nope, telekinetic blast is a force projectile created with your mind.

03-29-2015 04:19 PM
Ancient Member
Telekinetic blast is specifically used to damage things that don't have a mind of their own, like constructs and possibly undead, who although possess a mind, are otherwise a threat to mindcrafter's mind powers.
One if the best things about a mindcrafter is greater telekinetic blast that allows the class to take out lich kings and emperors without having to plough through their summons or risk undead mind clawing at their consciousness.

03-29-2015 07:06 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
Telekinetic blast is specifically used to damage things that don't have a mind of their own, like constructs and possibly undead, who although possess a mind, are otherwise a threat to mindcrafter's mind powers.
One if the best things about a mindcrafter is greater telekinetic blast that allows the class to take out lich kings and emperors without having to plough through their summons or risk undead mind clawing at their consciousness.

Hmm, I just realised that the title was supposed to be 'greater telekinetic blast' although I suppose it applies to both. I never actually tried the regular blast on the statues.

The greater blast is actually a lot better than you make it sound. Until I acquired it for the first time the other day I thought it was like a mystic shovel that deals damage (based on the sketchy descriptions I'd read from others). I think I like what it turned out to be, better.

03-29-2015 07:10 PM
Ancient Member
Regular blast is indeed inferior since it's restricted in a similar way as burning hands spell but it has its uses, especially in coward mode.
Me and heikki (and probably some others) consider GTB to be the best offensive class power in the game, and it's even better than spells because of no resistance against it.
Like you said, the only issue is a somewhat high PP cost, but then again - you trade PP for tremendous flexibility.

+ Reply