Something with druid's (pre/post) crowns
issueid=3586 01-27-2015 09:27 PM
Number of reported issues by Elv: 8
Something with druid's (pre/post) crowns
Druid could crown using herbs

Druid - after doing the limit of herbs offered to the deity - has greater than before the problems with the crowning. Lots of monsters is friendly/peacefully generated, making creature-based crown difficult for druid. In 1.2.0 even druid (a class, which is mostly associated with nature) cannot get (pre/post)crown using herbs. It might be worth to change that?
Issue Details
Issue Number 3586
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM r55
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-29-2015 01:53 PM
For what it's worth, most of the neutral creatures are N, so you wouldn't be able to sacrifice them even on a non-Druid N char anyway.

01-29-2015 09:38 PM
Quote Originally Posted by wheals
most of the neutral creatures are N, so you wouldn't be able to sacrifice them even on a non-Druid N char anyway.
It's true, but this isn't most important. ADOM always will generate new enemies. Again and again - until the limit of the amount of enemies on each level is not reached. When will be MAX creatures at the level, the new monsters will not appear. This is why monster-based (pre/post)crown is difficult for Druid. More and more friendly monster at the level -> less and less - and finally possibly the absence of enemy creatures (it's not rare, if on level is friendly worm). And what then? As a druid has - due to its specificity - difficulties with monster-based crown, then Druid should have - due to its specificity - another (easier) way to accomplish crown. Maybe herbs?

01-29-2015 11:07 PM
I didn't think of that (the Animated Forest doesn't seem to have any problems spawning new trees, does it? Does it have special rules?).

I never played a version with herbal crowning, but in general (pre-)crowning via live saccing doesn't seem to be very dangerous, herbs would obviously be even less dangerous but you do still have to deal with hostile monster spawns. And compared the 1.1.1, there's still a cap the number of precrowns. Not sure enough whether to say yes or no though, so I don't think I'll vote.

01-29-2015 11:10 PM
I thought this was a natural part of the way ADOM is: some races and classes are disadvantaged in various ways. This is part of the challenge. Druids are at one with nature, therefore destroying so many animals on an altar is not what they would do, so animal-based-sacrifices aren't an option.

..I guess the only option, if the Creator wants to make sacrificing easier for Druids, is to boost their gods' affinity to whatever they have an affinity to. (eg: If you're playing a hurthling, a boost to food .. or is it cooked food? I forget.)

01-30-2015 11:04 PM
Quote Originally Posted by tkoyah
I thought this was a natural part of the way ADOM is: some races and classes are disadvantaged in various ways.
Yup, I don't deny.
But this change (impossible herbs-based crown) is a general change and not directed strictly at the druid. However, this change mainly hits druid, and I think it may not be intentional

Quote Originally Posted by tkoyah
..I guess the only option, if the Creator wants to make sacrificing easier for Druids, is to boost their gods' affinity to whatever they have an affinity to. (eg: If you're playing a hurthling, a boost to food .. or is it cooked food? I forget.)
Yes, I think it might be a good idea. These herbs are first thought. I mean to do anything, because the general change with herbs quite hits druid. (Cooked food for hurthling)

+ Reply