Make rivers to be already generated with bridges
issueid=2879 04-24-2014 05:47 PM
Number of reported issues by Tree Of Life: 9
Make rivers to be already generated with bridges

I'd like to make a RFE in response to #2876, what do you think about instead of making the river rarer, to make more common for rivers to be generated with built bridges so the PCs can pass more easily, especially in low level dungeons?

For a matter of flavor, I'd like this alternative a bit more.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2879
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 8
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-24-2014 06:01 PM
Ancient Member
a chance that a bridge is generated would be cool. Even more so, since each tile could have a random chance of being broken (broken bridge, with gaps)

and possibly further, some might break like ice, at random weight numbers.

04-25-2014 03:45 AM
Ancient Member
I'm okay with a chance of generating broken bridges as a flavor element. Full-fledged, usable ones would eliminate the challenge.

04-27-2014 12:37 PM
I would prefer making bridges easier to build. While I *want* to have bridges across rivers already, I don't feel that it would be within the spirit of having rivers in the game.

04-27-2014 05:18 PM
It's not a bad idea. There are plenty of creatures living in the dungeons who would have encountered the river before the player. if there are creatures that can make all those doors surely there would be one capable and willing to make a small bridge. doesn't mean that the bridge has to be particularly safe to use.... ;)

04-27-2014 07:56 PM
And also, it would be a chance, you also can get rivers without bridges too, but less likely, in response to give a small workaround alternative to TB's idea to substact the chances of making rivers to appear.

+ Reply