terrain penalties don't seem to affect npcs
issueid=4507 09-29-2016 07:48 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
terrain penalties don't seem to affect npcs

If I strategically move around the hills so that only enemies walk on them, they never seem to fall behind because of it.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4507
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM r70 (v2.2.4)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-29-2016 08:10 PM
I've thought of this as intentional behaviour. They are hills / mountains / swamp creatures, so why wouldn't they be much more capable in moving their habitat than some random trespasser?

Sure, companions and summons are also unaffected, and that might be an RFE item. Not sure if it's a necessary one. :)

09-29-2016 08:40 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
I've thought of this as intentional behaviour. They are hills / mountains / swamp creatures, so why wouldn't they be much more capable in moving their habitat than some random trespasser?

Sure, companions and summons are also unaffected, and that might be an RFE item. Not sure if it's a necessary one. :)
Some are just regular human enemies, I don't see why they'd be unaffected.

09-30-2016 06:54 AM
Ancient Member
As far as I know, this has always been the case. But I agree that it's kinda buggy behavior. It makes more sense though when you consider only the PC's energy cost is able to change, but monsters wnergy cost isn't taken into account.

09-30-2016 07:11 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
In that case this should be mentioned in the monster memory after you've witnessed this effect.

+ Reply