Lithium man Achievement not given
issueid=4284 02-27-2016 06:24 PM
Number of reported issues by Aldor: 2
Lithium man Achievement not given
Achievement unachievable?

This brought tears to my eyes.

It took an awful while to finally pull off, however, the Steam achievement itself was not awarded.

I made 100% sure the character never entered anything else than ToEF, D:1-50 and UL:1-5 + MT (which is necessary for Mana orb). No wilderness encounter to be sure. I even completely avoided Ogre lair, S: level and DH: (Dwarven halls) altogether. Still did not work out.

Playing on Steam version, up to date.

I am crushed. Is it bugged ATM?
Issue Details
Issue Number 4284
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.5
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

02-27-2016 06:50 PM
Ancient Member

08-23-2016 12:29 PM
The Creator
There was a problem with counting the necessary locations. I have now adjusted this: You need 62 locations for the minimum win (according to my own understanding of ADOM :-) ):

1 - wilderness
50 - caverns of chaos (using the living tree level instead of DH)
4 - ToEF
7 - Mana temple branch

ADOM now checks this number in a hard-coded way (instead of the using the dynamic routine I obviously fumbled before).

Fixed.

09-27-2016 12:13 PM
Glorious!
I love returning to ADOM. Always makes me feel younger. Almost like sipping from a pool. This one was a wish fulfilled.
Thank you, oh Creator!

Now, can I pull it off again? Drakalor Chain, here I come...

09-27-2016 08:14 PM
Ancient Member
I believe Soirana reported here:

http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3768

that Lithium still didn't work.

09-28-2016 03:06 PM
*cry*
Indeed, it does not.
The pain, the pain...

EDIT : to clarify, I just finished my monk, 62 locations visited, left the Drakalor Chain => achievement still locked.

Please reopen the bug

09-30-2016 08:38 PM
I just finished my R69 Steel-Lithium man, got both awards. And actually visited 63 places, as I ended up in DH instead of animated forest.

10-05-2016 09:32 AM
But how is this possible?!
Harkila, are you playing via Steam? Were you on v70?

Does the achievement unlock when closing the gate or when leaving Drakalor chain?

10-05-2016 07:04 PM
Not on Steam, playing locally. And you have to leave the chain to get it.

10-10-2016 10:47 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
Not on Steam, playing locally. And you have to leave the chain to get it.
Thanks for info.
Given that, either the achievement was OK in R69 and bugged again in R70, or the Steam version itself behaves differently.
Still hoping for a fix one day...

10-10-2016 02:27 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Aldor
Thanks for info.
Given that, either the achievement was OK in R69 and bugged again in R70, or the Steam version itself behaves differently.
Still hoping for a fix one day...
Or you have to do DH and not AF?

(He said he did DH - all the people I've seen who reported it failing said they did AF instead)

10-11-2016 05:51 AM
Having to do DH is one possibility. Also my Lithium man guy found the Arena on D:3, meaning there was no fork in early CoC at all. Could another problem be the usage of the S:2/3 level?

I know, pretty unlikely that everyone else would've had that fork *and* also used it, but probably at this point good to consider all possibilities. :-)

This petition for a change to Confirmed was rejected
10-17-2016 07:55 AM
At present time, I think we have to consider all possibilities, thanks for your insights. I suppose I can try a run, using DH branch instead.

However, that probably means the "check if gate has been closed and number of visited places is equal to 62, period" would have been the super safe best fix, if it worked (as ungrateful as it sounds).

Is there a way to attract the gaze of Creator himself to this thread? Maybe the fix needs just a liiitle bit of poking?

10-17-2016 02:11 PM
Ancient Member
I don't see how that would have been the super-safe best fix.
If that were the case, then AF would work but not DH. I don't see why one is better than the other.

01-25-2017 04:46 PM
Just dropping by, wondering, if there is any hope for a fix in this matter?

Doing third lithium run and not knowing it in fact is going to work would probably kill me in case it would not ;)

10-09-2017 05:42 AM

+ Reply