blind rage replaces panic
issueid=6134 03-21-2018 12:03 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
blind rage replaces panic

I don't know why some people are having the exact opposite experience, but as of version 3.1.2 I've experienced this for at least a year that blind rage seems to always override panic, unless the enemy reaches low health and still hasn't detected you. It's most obvious with Kranach who used to experience a (guarranteed?) panic, and now always rages. I suggest if you don't believe me that you start in exploration mode, wish an orc, hit it to low health and wait for the state to change. I bet you won't see a single panic.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6134
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 3.1.2
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

03-21-2018 06:02 PM
Ancient Member
Wished-for orc at the start of the game has something like 3 HP. What are you hitting it with? I ended up having to use an iron ration, and didn't get any rage or panic.

03-22-2018 09:48 AM
I didn't experiment with exploration mode, but in regular and challenge games I indeed never see monsters panicking while blind rage occurs from time to time.

03-22-2018 09:52 AM
Ancient Member
Not sure about 3hp orcs, but the issue is real, yes. The worst I saw was quite some time ago in hard monster/low treasure challenge games. (Extra hp maybe had some effect, although i do recall amount of time monster being hit/time on partial health being more important than amount/percentage of hp).

The only monsters I saw panicking were ancient dragons... so... IQ influence maybe?

03-23-2018 09:58 AM
Ancient Member
In my current playthrough my first witnessed panic was the Banshee. Then some denizens at the top of ToEF including the wyrm. I don't see why a sense of self-preservation/cowardice should be the sole province of mid-to-late game enemies...

03-24-2018 12:25 PM
Ancient Member
I dived to the antediluvian dungeon and encountered an earth elemental. After a few hits it panicked. 3.1.0.

03-24-2018 05:27 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
I dived to the antediluvian dungeon and encountered an earth elemental. After a few hits it panicked. 3.1.0.
Second monster I saw panic in my pt was an elemental. Let me know if you see any early game monsters do it.

03-24-2018 06:29 PM
Quote Originally Posted by ixi
I didn't experiment with exploration mode, but in regular and challenge games I indeed never see monsters panicking while blind rage occurs from time to time.
Likewise.

07-16-2019 09:06 PM
Ancient Member
Interestingly I summoned monsters via a statue and used a wand of fireballs on them and two of them panicked.

+ Reply