Reduce potion of gain attributes drop chance
issueid=2952 05-08-2014 09:04 PM
Number of reported issues by asdf: 54
Reduce potion of gain attributes drop chance

Due to recent reports about finding a lot of pogas, i've checked it rarity - currently it had (500) drop chance, while ordinary potions of stat have only (200) drop chance.

It gives 9 stats*5 drop chance = 45 relative chance to increase stat from PoGA (and less holy water!). Chance to increase stat from potions of stat - 8 stats*2 drop chance*+2 stat = 32 relative chance (and a lot of holy water!).

Given that you could receive PoGAs from verious quests/bosses/recipes already, i think that reducing PoGAs drop chance from 500 to 200 would be good. If you get potion of stat drops - you could be lucky and it could be poga, or it could be ordinary potion of stat if you are not that lucky. No need to flood player in PoGAs at all.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2952
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 3
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 8
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-09-2014 05:20 AM
Ancient Member
Are there really too many PoGAs getting dropped? As you pointed out in the general discussion thread, any increase in their prevalence is likely influenced by the greater number of monsters in the recent releases.

As for PoGAs generated in other ways:
Minotaur Maze - dangerous, potential for stat drains, PITA
Dwarven Mystic - 50% chance for one, much worse than alternate reward
Black Unicorn - alignment hit, corruptions, loss of corruption removal
Alchemy - uncommon skill, chances are the recipe will require rare/valuable potions
Doesn't really seem excessive; am I missing any?

I guess it is a bit odd that PoGA is more common than potion of stat, but increasing the drop rate for those to 500 would address this just as well ;-P

05-09-2014 07:03 AM
Ancient Member
I have seen many PoGA's in p22 but I think this could be put on hold until we see p23 which is supposed to spawn fewer monsters again.

05-09-2014 09:32 AM
Again I agree with the naysayers - let's see what p23 does first.

05-09-2014 01:04 PM
Ancient Member
I don't think it makes sense for PoGA to be more common than potions of -stat-. If anything, it should be the other way around. Maybe set PoGA rarity to 100.

05-09-2014 01:31 PM
I don't think it should be changed, the frequency is quite ok. And I don't think it should even be compared to the potions of -stat-, they are different things in my opinion. Otherwise, there should be a logical link to other stat modifying potions also, and that would nerf the randomness I like in Adom.

05-09-2014 01:31 PM
But there are 9 potions of -stat-, so you will find 3.6 stat potions for every PoGA. This seems fine to me, this items are already really quite rare.

05-09-2014 02:19 PM
Ancient Member
PoGA has 4.5x the potency of a potion of stat.

05-09-2014 02:41 PM
Ancient Member
Just because POGA are better doesn't mean they necessarily need to have their drop rate dropped. I think it's fine as-is and we should probably wait for p23 to really look at the issue.

05-09-2014 04:04 PM
It seems to me that it should either be no more or less common than any potion of stat, or just double the chance. Double, because there is no potion of gain potentials.

05-10-2014 11:44 PM
Swap the rarety, I see so very few potions of stat, and the games where I have found plenty of PoGAs I've found far fewer potions of single stat. Would make sense that they are more common than PoGAs. My problem with making these rarer is that portions pretty much become the only way to increase a lot of stats after a certain point. Burdening, herbs and most corpses all have limits which aren't really that high. Natural increases through training stats happens so little (I only notice it with the athletics skill, and the occasional mana increase that comes from a lot casting)

07-07-2014 05:14 AM
The Creator
I agree with those people opposed to this change. They always have been as frequent as they are now and I never perceived this as a problem.

+ Reply