magic missile...
issueid=3365 10-25-2014 05:54 PM
Number of reported issues by emilus: 48
magic missile...

Many really powerfull characters (not only mine) died becouse of accidentally casting magic missile on wall tile when in corridor. Can we have at least warrning message. eg: "Are you really wanna do this ??? (Y/N)" when casting bouncing spells directly on wall ? Or at least chance to escape this death loop before final hit? (maybe high alertness or dodge could help ?)

i mean look at example - situation below its really sad:

1. which direction ? 12346789 ? 8 !
########
@
########

HP: 1000

2. zzzzit !!(30x) you die...
########
|
########

HP: -500
Issue Details
Issue Number 3365
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM r51
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 6
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-25-2014 06:10 PM
Ancient Member

10-25-2014 10:35 PM
I look at this as a part of the joys of roguelikes: the number of unexpected ways that you can die. ..Sure, I have killed myself this way in the past -- and I would rather this 'feature' stay present so others can enjoy the joy and the pain of death by stupidity. :)

10-26-2014 07:08 AM
I can see the utility but I think the bouncing risk (accidental key or not) is an integral part of the game. IMO, wizard would be a lot easier if you implement something like this. From what I read, wizard is already one of the most easiest classes out there. The majority of the other classes can avoid spell casting for the most part. I've never won or really tried to go far with a wizard for this reason. I'm too scared of suicide by spell.

10-26-2014 05:24 PM
Ancient Member
hells to the nah.

C'mon, this is one of the more hilarious ways to die: it's one of the reasons ADOM is so much fun! Sure, I'm a bit bitter that I killed a druid w/ a bounced death ray on D:50, but it's really amusing when you think about it -- and this isn't even the magic missile bouncing between two walls, which is even funnier.

11-02-2014 01:50 PM
The Creator
Rejected once more for the same reasons as 773.

+ Reply