No working download of Release 60 for CentOS / Red Hat and (probably) Fedora operating systems
issueid=3900 09-21-2015 01:36 AM
Number of reported issues by idonnie: 1
No working download of Release 60 for CentOS / Red Hat and (probably) Fedora operating systems
ADOM in graphics mode on CentOS / Feora using Ubuntu 12 x64 download

Hello guys,

I was able to run ADOM in graphics mode on CentOS 7 x64 (Gnome 3) and Fedora 22 x64 (Gnome 3) using Ubuntu 12 x64 download.
The exact name of game's archive that worked for me:
adom_noteye_linux_ubuntu_64_r60_pub.tar.gz

On CentOS I had this problem during application startup:
error while loading shared libraries: libfluidsynth.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
That library resides in a package 'fluidsynth-libs', I've installed it from 'Nux Desktop' repository, and the game run smoothly.

On Fedora not only 'libfluidsynth.so.1' was needed, but also 'libmodplug.so.1' from 'libmodplug' package from Fedora repositories.

Please be sure a release for Steam will include these 2 libraries.
Probably an RPM for mentioned operating systems, could be easily ported from DEB ?
Issue Details
Issue Number 3900
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux (NotEye)
Status Rejected
Priority 3
Suggested Version ADOM r60
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-27-2015 09:05 AM
The Creator
Please note that neither operating system you mention is officially supported by Steam. See https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...1504-QHXN-8366 for details. Thus we also are not going to support those for Steam as the lib hell under Linux these days is far worse than under Windows (who would have thought... in the early days of ADOM it was so much more fun to support Linux than Windows... now it's really vice versa).

+ Reply