Reduce guaranteed drops from some high-level monsters
issueid=2951 05-08-2014 08:59 PM
Number of reported issues by asdf: 54
Reduce guaranteed drops from some high-level monsters

With new monster distribution - monsters such as ancient dragons have become much more common on lower levels, this producing a lot more loot that probably intended for this levels.

List of monsters, which drops should be reduced -
1) Ordinary dragons of all kind - unchanged. Their drops are decent, and their spawn change is not greatly increased, because there are still a lot of common monsters around them on their danger level.
2) Ancient dragons of all kind - ~50% of their current drop (rough observations gives that they are ~2 times more common per monsters then in previous versions), make sure that they will still drop more then ordinary dragons.
3) Chaos Warriors/Chaos Knights - ~20% of their current drop chance for eternium gear, if they will be made into the new baseline monsters for lower levels
4) Ancient Wyrms of all kind - unchanged. They are 5 times more rare then ancient dragons, and they appears only near the end of the game - leaving drop from them intact wouldnt be imbalanced.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2951
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 4
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 0
Votes against this feature 8
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-08-2014 10:53 PM
I think in p23, after this RFE http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2949 the drops might not need to be tweaked, since there should be more common monsters running around again.

05-09-2014 07:04 AM
Ancient Member
Yeah, I think we should probably wait and see the new monster distribution in p23 before doing (or discarding) this.

05-09-2014 09:31 AM
Agree - not bad ideas as things stand, but wait and see how p23 monster distribution affects things first.

07-07-2014 05:16 AM
The Creator
As I didn't hear anything new after p23 I'll close it for now.

+ Reply