Monk's circular kick doesn't work while confused
issueid=4602 11-06-2016 08:41 PM
Number of reported issues by SinsI: 41
Monk's circular kick doesn't work while confused

...but still takes the whole 2500 energy.

How to reproduce: get near a doppelganger, make him confuse you, try to attack via circular kick.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4602
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r60
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-06-2016 08:59 PM
Ancient Member
This one is pretty weird... Sometimes you get a "You are too confused to attack." message (conveniently hidden if you are using the two-line message buffer) and it takes 1000 energy. Sometimes you don't get the message and it takes 2500 energy (but you still don't perform a circle kick!).

11-07-2016 06:25 AM
Not sure if this is a bug. You could well still try to do the moves which are required for a circular kick, but just fail totally miserably. In which case it'd be logical to use all the energy required.

11-07-2016 06:37 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
Not sure if this is a bug. You could well still try to do the moves which are required for a circular kick, but just fail totally miserably. In which case it'd be logical to use all the energy required.
Spending 2500 energy and then not getting any output whatsoever from your action seems pretty buggy to me.

11-07-2016 08:04 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Grond
Spending 2500 energy and then not getting any output whatsoever from your action seems pretty buggy to me.
Maybe I'm missing the point, but wouldn't it makes sense for confused PC actions to be 'buggy'? Always thought that 'confused' state meant to make some PC actions failed. On the other hand PC tried, meaning no one should give wasted time / energy cost back.

11-07-2016 08:23 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Grond
It might be intentional behaviour, which means that you could argue that the output message should be different or more clear. You're making the assumption that the intended behaviour is that the PC does not even try to do the kick. I disagree with that.

11-07-2016 05:18 PM
that the output message should be different or more clear
the output message should be

BTW, can someone check if it is the same for the Fighter's all-round attack?

11-07-2016 05:52 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by SinsI
the output message should be

BTW, can someone check if it is the same for the Fighter's all-round attack?
It's the same story. Sometimes you get 1000 energy cost and "too confused to attack", sometimes you get 3500 energy cost and nothing.

I think I may have found the issue, however. For fighter's bash attack, you either get 1000 energy cost and "too confused to attack" or you get 1500 energy cost and get to choose a direction. So probably these special attacks are supposed to have a small chance to succeed while confused (like spells), but the all around attacks just don't do anything when this chance happens.

+ Reply