Shop debt bugs
issueid=848 03-20-2012 09:31 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by anon123: 111
Shop debt bugs
Under certain circumstances, owing money to a shopkeeper (or reversed) can trigger some bugs.

Problem
Under certain circumstances, owing money to a shopkeeper (or reversed) can trigger some bugs. From my notes file:

If you increase the cost of a shop's potion by picking it up with poison hands, the game will still think you owe the original amount. For example, say there's a potion of stun recovery (unpaid, 70gp) on the floor. I pick it up with poison hands and turn it into a potion of poison (unpaid, 176gp), but the command to see how much I should 'P'ay and the @-screen still say I only owe 70gp.

Furthermore, if I drop the potion of poison, the game says I owe -106gp. This could be intentional, because this specific shopkeeper was out of money, and the traders guild would owe me 106gp then, but he acts strangely afterwards: he'll let me pick up items that cost less than what the guild owes me without blocking the door, but if I leave the shop with those, he'll yell "Stop, ye thief!" and summon thugs as if I had shoplifted!

How to reproduce it
See above.

Notes
See above.
Issue Details
Issue Number 848
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows NT
Status Fixed
Priority 7
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 1
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-02-2012 07:51 PM
Issue Changed by jt