Chaos knights using moon sickle block user interface
issueid=4339 06-16-2016 09:15 PM
The Creator
Number of reported issues by adom-admin: 499
Chaos knights using moon sickle block user interface

Reported by Lyall CHCR via mail:

Playing Chaos Knight and using Moon Sickle, but when hitting monsters in melee the game freezes except for the User Interface.. I must then force quit ADOM and sometimes Steam as well as sometimes it shows the game is still "running" even after I quit.. Upon clicking Steam icon to reopen, it shows a prompt that reads something along the lines of "The program Steam has already been closed" and that continues to pop up every time unless I restart my entire laptop..

I am on a Mac.. Both my OSX and Steam are up to date... Are you working to fix this? Has anyone emailed you about this before? Sorry if I am wasting your time..
Issue Details
Issue Number 4339
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 2
Affected Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

06-20-2016 10:02 PM
I had the same issue http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3910

Was able to reproduce it on r64 using the save attached, but it took a while. This time it happened when hitting a chaos rat, but I've seen it happen on non-chaos monsters before too.

The game got "unstuck" after a while by itself. The messages during that issue:
Code:
 You hit the chaos ratY
 and slay it. [+288xp] You feel corrupted. Suddenly a poisonous fluid begins to drip from your hands! Do you want to view your effects of corruption? [y/n] You regenerate.
So it happened when new corruption appeared.
Not sure where that "ratY" comes from.

06-20-2016 10:08 PM
Ah it looks similar to that http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4274
I must have pressed "Y" randomly and that is what made the game "unstuck" :D

06-22-2016 06:42 PM
Hello. Thank you very much for your replies. I read the other forum links.. Is it really just a matter of pressing either y or n when it "freezes" because the "do you want to check your corruptions? y/n" message does not display when inflicting corruption on oneself via moon sickle, or is it something else?

06-23-2016 03:15 AM
It's definitely the message of "do you want to check your corruptions" because when I died from the instant death corruption statue I wasn't actually sure what happened (because I didn't see a prompt for y/n and pressing space didn't work like in these reports) until after I pressed "Y(es)". Then I died.

+ Reply