Adjust equipment destruction
issueid=4343 06-21-2016 08:36 AM
Number of reported issues by Harkila: 154
Adjust equipment destruction
Change the algorithm on how eq destruction is determined

While the current level of equipment destruction is OK in my opinion, it should be readjusted regarding the harshness, i.e. how it is calculated.

"your heap of 10 scrolls of corruption removal is dissolved!" and no other items are hit.

I suggest you make it so that it hits more items at a time but for one certain item it won't destroy more than, say, 25 % of all the ones you have. The current way adds too much randomness to the destruction, as with enough bad luck, one dragon can ruin the game pretty badly. With more diverse destruction, you would still need to consider twice before attacking a greater dragon vault or roaming the BDC, since the destruction would be inevitable in the long run anyway.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4343
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r66 (v2.2.0)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 7
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-22-2016 09:30 AM
I think what should be changed is that a bundle/heap is treated as a single entry, thus a Rust Monster can destroy your whole bundle of 60 orcish knives in one go, instead of 60.

06-23-2016 04:46 PM
Bundles/heaps are treated as a single entity so the UI doesn't get insanely overloaded. You're not literally bundling 60 daggers together with a piece of string on one big lump, so the rust monster wouldn't realistically be able to grab 60 at a time.

BTW, he's not talking about rust monsters dissolving away equipment. He's talking about the effect of monsters like the Eye Of Destruction. Though I agree with OP, stacks shouldn't be treated as a single entity for situations like this.

+ Reply