RFE: easier for Mist Elves to pray for item uncursing
issueid=6191 04-23-2018 01:32 PM
Number of reported issues by fitzpa88: 4
RFE: easier for Mist Elves to pray for item uncursing
It would be helpful if mist elves' deities could recognize that cursed metal items are a more urgent priority than other minor issues

I have a level 11 Mist Elf Wizard, who--foolishly--equip-identified some gloves that turn out to be damaging metal and cursed. I first read the few scrolls that I had picked up, in case one of them was a scroll of uncursing. Because my health had dropped during those turns, I cast Cure Light Wounds to full health (with, of course, 1 HP then coming off because of the metal).

Level 11 Mist Elf, 40/41 hit points, 139/151 PP, only equipped item is cursed metal gauntlets....and in response to my first prayer, my deity restored me to full PP (for a whopping gain of 12, and another round of damage from the impure metal). Second prayer (39/41, 151/151) remained unheard.

I am fully aware that this is self-inflicted, and I should not have equip-identified with a mist elf. However, the issue hereby identified seems like one that might be worth changing. A deity ought to be able to recognize that my character was asking for divine intervention about the cursed item; and that should be the case in less self-inflicted circumstances as well.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6191
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 3.2.0
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-23-2018 06:16 PM
Hmm.. Deities are tricky bastards sometimes, so this might actually be intended behaviour. I'm reluctant to giving mist elves a separate priority list here. You may also as a mist elf be crowned with an iron item, and hear your deity chuckle in the background while granting the gift. They might find this an amusing show to watch. :)

04-24-2018 12:02 PM
I don't see a reason to reduce piety price for uncrusing metal items equiped by mist elves.
Though PP restore during such a severe problem definetly looks worong. I support higher priority for uncursing metal items equiped by mist elves.

05-01-2018 05:42 PM
Ixi, I agree with you, and now realize that my language was a bit unclear. I don't mean "easier" in the sense of "costs less piety"; uncursing an item should retain the same cost in piety as for other races. I mean "easier" in the sense of "easier to have the god take care of that rather than taking care of something that is definitely a lower priority".

+ Reply