Chaos Knight stat fluctuation interacts badly with scars corruption
issueid=2789 04-09-2014 07:09 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Harwin: 24
Chaos Knight stat fluctuation interacts badly with scars corruption
The fluctuation HP causes chaos knights to keep having to heal, which gives them scars with that corruption

From this thread (although I haven't encountered it myself)
http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread...Negative-Stats

High level chaos knights have stats fluctuating every step. For stats that affect HP (like strength), this means that their max HP changes every step. Since their current HP doesn't change when the max does (except to drop to a new, lower, max), any time the max goes up from the current HP they start healing. If they have the "Your wounds leave scars" corruption, this means they are regenerating far more often than other characters, even if they aren't actually taking damage, which means they receive a lot more scars than other characters.

Suggestions include adding/subtracting the same number of HP as the max changed (without letting them die when at low HP from this), keeping the same percentage of HP before/after, or some other mechanism.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2789
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-09-2014 08:36 PM
Ancient Member
I was the one who posted in the thread originally stating that I had the problem. It is probably time-consuming to reproduce, but I could post my save file if that helps things. Note that this does not happen if you have two sources of regeneration equipped (it could possibly be enough to have one). I don't think that this means that the current behavior is okay, since regeneration items are rare.

Edit: One source of regeneration is enough.

+ Reply