Death reason - killed by "a" monster
issueid=2372 09-26-2013 05:25 PM
Number of reported issues by asdf: 54
Death reason - killed by "a" monster

He was been killed by "a" blink dog in a small cave.

This "a" dog consisted from:

Code:
########
.dd.d...
##ddd.d.
 #@ddd..
 #dddd..
 #d.d...
How about "He was swarmed by uncountable hordes of blink dogs in a small cave"? Or "He was killed by group of blink dogs in a small cave".
Or some other messages, depending on number of killer monster in PC's vicinity, maybe 3-4 tiles?
Issue Details
Issue Number 2372
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Rejected
Priority 9
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 17
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 5
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-26-2013 06:54 PM
Ancient Member
Oh come on, seriously?

09-26-2013 08:58 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Silfir
Oh come on, seriously?
"A" blink dog is an insult to my character. His valiant efforts to clean them should be remembered, not this shameful death reason with "a" blink dog in it.

09-26-2013 09:15 PM
Ancient Member
I mean, I agree - but I'm sure you'll also agree that this might be just a little too time-intensive a blemish to correct, shameful as that is? :)

09-27-2013 04:54 AM
Ancient Member
It would be a great feature for ADOM II I think.

It could look at what has caused significant damage to the player in the last, say, 50 turns.

Out of the damage caused in those turns, anything that caused more than 20% damage would be reported in the death log: first whatever dealt the final blow, and then the rest of the offenders ordered by the amount of damage they dealt.

Multiple instances of the same monster would be collapsed, e.g., blink dog + blink dog + blink dog + orc = "killed by a group of blink dogs and an orc".

If nothing caused more than 20% damage, only the final cause of death would be reported.

12-26-2015 05:15 PM
The Creator
Personally I find this much too hard to implement within ADOM. Sorry.

+ Reply